This Is A Post From Geotech About The AQ On Thomas Dankowski's Forum

It seems to me, that the small M8 connector discussed negatively here may be the wave of the future. Previous to the AQ, my Tarsacci has this connector and now Post AQ my Deus ll has the M8 connector. They all sight one thing in common, space availability. I personally love the M12 size some refer to as the CTX connector but truth be known, I have not had any issues with the M8 on any of the for mentioned machines. As for whatever Alexandre turns out for the next AQ, I think what phrunt said about trading in the limited we purchased would go a long way for Fishers image overall or at least a credit of $1500.00 towards the final versions cost. As some of you know, I sent my AQ to Eric in the UK to evaluate and also to build me several 10” coils. He developed a 7 page report on his findings and talked with Carl and Alexandre often. I’m fairly sure Carl’s involvement was limited at best in the development of the AQ. This was primarily Alexandre’s project. He ( Alexandre ) has put his heart and soul into this project, so I know he will not abandon it. What Tom Walsh does I have no idea. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as my AQ only had a few minor hiccups that First Texas took care of, and with Joes battery it has been a dream machine in the right settings along with several mods from Eric. I wish Alexandre and First Texas the best and have no I’ll feelings at all. I am sorry though that others have not had the same success that I have. Good luck everybody and spring is just around the corner here in the US. 

• Like 3

I can't help thinking that some kind of a semi-circular guard would protect these delicate connectors on the Limited.  Im developing a short lanyard / clip / loop system that will attach the machine at the handle to my belt for digging in surge.  Still to coin a phrase--"performance is everything-"-and this is a full on dream machine.   I think what I would  like to see is a SAT control  that goes higher to accommodate the stock coil in fast high saline / high EMI conditions--although im still testing--where Im hunting could be exceptional.   My first unit had problems with a pot  and some plastic--but FT service has been excellent and kept me in the game long enough to see past the detractions and get down to business...good luck--spring  is coming...

cjc

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, cjc said:

Bill --Im not a shill field tester--Im the harshest one out.  But this detector has brought me around--it does what it's supposed to do very well.  The rest--the physical  problems are (to me) secondary.  As long as it gets  me the gold and  my carelessness doesn't break it too easily--Im good.  Overall--given some battery life, maybe some kind of a guard for the connectors--this is the best beach machine out--and probably will be for a long time.   I appreciate the risk FT has taken to bring  this tech to market and there's no way Im going to begrudge them for these minor issues.  That would be pure ingratitude.  Based upon my 40+ years of swinging--this is a gold getter if ever saw one. 

cjc

Cjc,

Ah now there is a voice I know and respect.  And you are no shill my friend.  If First Texas and other manufacturers would defer to guys like you their detectors would be better designed and out in the marketplace much sooner.  Say what you will about the AQ performance-wise but First Texas' handling of this often promised never delivered miracle machine has been deplorable.  These bunglers take high end technology and put into a poorly designed shell and no one points this out until now?  RIght. What they do is ignore guys like you and defer to the rubber stampers in a rush to bring the product to market.  Your opinion of the AQ is one I respect.  But the company that makes it or I should say keeps saying that they will make it is one I no longer pay attention to or consider a serious player in our hobby.