An Update On Deus II Shipping From XP

Kickindirt

Was there a date associated with that message? 

There's a bit of confusion (on my part, anyway) between the first sentence:

22 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

USA arrival of XP’s new detector, the DEUS II, is still several weeks away!  (emphasis mine)

and paragraph 2:

22 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

For us “across the pond”, the first limited allocation shipment is planned to be air freighted to the USA late this next week and after import/customs processing and shipping to XP’s USA distributors, it could take two weeks, to as much as three, to get them to dealers and their customers.  (emphasis mine)

Maybe the 'several weeks' means for later (larger) shipments?  Or maybe in their meaning 'several' and {2,3,4} weeks are the same thing.

And what about the Southern Hemisphere?  It's peak of summer there.  Anyone in Australia have one, or is XP showing solidarity with Novak Djokovic and punishing you ingrates?  :laugh:

GB-Amateur

Meaning it will be on a flight this wk and then the shipment has to pass thru customs. Which could possibly take a couple weeks possibly. Hopefully not but possibly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

I would say don't let your Deus1 go to quickly lol. 

Did they give any clue as to when the 2nd shipment will go out?

16 minutes ago, abenson said:

Did they give any clue as to when the 2nd shipment will go out?

No reason to give out too much bad news on the first communication. :laugh:

IOW - it's no accident they are not saying when subsequent shipments will fly.  They either don't know due to too many uncertainties (production yield, shipping irregularities driven by the pandemic surge) or don't want to say because they know it's going to be several weeks down the road.  I don't blame them in the least.

Like I said in another post, this will play out like the Nox.  A slow, steady ramp up to full production rates.  It will likely take a couple months to work down the pre-order backlog, complicated by 2022's supply chain challenges.  But hey, it's coming.

Thanks to Kickindirt for passing on the XP dealer notification.  It jibes with the info I have received from other dealers.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to An Update On Deus II Shipping From XP