An Update On Deus II Shipping From XP

Kickindirt

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Everyone is all about “more depth” and so big coils sell. I’m more about separation and smaller stuff, and in general with me it is “VLF for smaller coils, PI for larger coils.”

Yup I'm the same way. I've also found the 9" coils to be plenty deep. I certainly understand the need for the extra depth. 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No, the customer actually is not always right. It was so nice near the end of my career to get to be able to tell at least a few of them just that! :laugh:

I've been doing that a while now and it has not seemed to hurt business much if any.. 😊 

On this new Deus I'm gonna wait a bit till I see some more testing out west here...probably end up getting one... like a dummy I need another detector like a hole in my head. But the Deus is such a pleasure to swing with the 9" coil I'll have to have one  especially if it performs better then the Deus 1  

I'm not getting on any lists.... when they become easily available then I'll make the move. Besides might be some software bugs to work out on the early ones ? 

strick 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, strick said:

I'm not getting on any lists.... when they become easily available then I'll make the move. Besides might be some software bugs to work out on the early ones ? 

Most likely there will be updates, but as you know, since all Deus’ can be updated by the user, that in and of itself should not be a reason to wait because there is no real downside risk (vs. the “old days” when the detector had to be sent back for mods/updates).  From what I’ve seen they are pretty much ready for prime time and the updates will be  primarily for performance improvement/feature adds or minor bug fixes.  

But I totally get waiting until the list/hype dies down.  Yeah, my existing detectors still work and I’m still making amazing recoveries so it’s really more about anxiously awaiting a new toy that might incrementally change my game but is not a “must have” to fill a huge existing performance/capability gap in my toolkit.  It’s more of a versatility enabler, that allows me to potentially  flex down to fewer specialized/niche detectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First shipment has arrived and already shipped out! In the mail. 😃😎👍 

For those wanting to know the second shipment could make it in 2 weeks or so if everything goes right. Sounds like second shipment will be a bit bigger but still not large enough to fill all preorders. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

First shipment has arrived and already shipping out! 😃😎👍 

For those wanting to know the second shipment could make it in 2 weeks or so if everything goes right. Sounds like second shipment will be a bit bigger but still not large enough to fill all preorders. 

Hey that sounds a lot better then our dealer on second round!

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Everyone is all about “more depth” and so big coils sell. I’m more about separation and smaller stuff, and in general with me it is “VLF for smaller coils, PI for larger coils.” But does sound like it will be harder to get the 9” than the 11” initially, whatever the reasons. Whatever, I’ve got plenty of detectors, won’t miss any detecting no matter what happens.

And having made a career in sales, I’ll never be “that person” as a customer. No, the customer actually is not always right. It was so nice near the end of my career to get to be able to tell at least a few of them just that! :laugh:

Re: depth.  Exactly….at least in my opinion.

All the reports on detectors I ever published ignored raw depth since so many factors affect depth that are outside the detector’s influence.  I focused on sensitivity at depth instead and still prefer sensitivity and separation in my detectors. 

• Like 2

Got an update today from my dealer stating that the few in the first shipment are now enroute to the early birds. Also that they expect that most of the present preorders to be satisfied with the larger second shipment ( which XP said would follow the first by a matter of weeks). For the dealer to state that knowing how many are on preorder now they must be expecting enough in the second batch to cover that or close to it. In any case Having put my order in almost 2 months ago, I’m now fairly optimistic I’ll get mine when the 2nd batch gets here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...