An Update On Deus II Shipping From XP

Kickindirt

On 2/25/2022 at 4:42 AM, opalboy said:

My dealer went from end of February, now to the end of March!

I may cancel.

Dealers are limited to what XP is producing and shipping. If ya cancel now prob be even longer wait. Unless you can find a dealer with a shorter list.

It’s a little frustrating when Kellyco had 3 in stock to sell to anyone, and I’m locked in with another dealer, I could cancel but according to policy I would lose $40, but then I’m not the one who changed the goalposts!

I’m waiting for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opalboy said:

It’s a little frustrating when Kellyco had 3 in stock to sell to anyone, and I’m locked in with another dealer, I could cancel but according to policy I would lose $40, but then I’m not the one who changed the goalposts!

I’m waiting for now.

That's why I went with a dealer who doesn't require prepaids or deposits.  They do exist.  If your dealer is running a waiting list, he should have no issue selling your unit to the next person on the list. So you should consider negotiating your way off (i.e. applying the $40 to dealer credit to a future accessory purchase).  Make them say no, don't presume the'll say no. Don't be a victim, get creative.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

That's why I went with a dealer who doesn't require prepaids or deposits.  They do exist.  If your dealer is running a waiting list, he should have no issue selling your unit to the next person on the list. So you should consider negotiating your way off (i.e. applying the $40 to dealer credit to a future accessory purchase).  Make them say no, don't presume the'll say no. Don't be a victim, get creative.

I was the first in line with  my dealer, no pre-pay or deposit.  I got my nine inch version about two weeks ago.  I guess you have to get on the waitlist early.  I would hope opalboy’s dealer would waive the $40 restocking fee since demand is so high.  

• Like 2

Got on my dealer's list on Jan 20. No pre-pay or deposit. Received my unit two days ago. It was the 11" though.

Many moons ago I bought a Deus 1 . I wanted the 9” coil but my dealer tells me the 11” coil was so much better. The trouble between us was he was a relic hunter and myself a coin hunter. I took his advice and I was never happy using that 11” coil. I wasn’t going the cost of buying that 9” coil so I sold and happy it was gone. Later down the road the ORX came out with that 9” coil and later here a guy had a elliptical coil he wanted to sell .

I say don’t let someone sell you something you really don’t want because like me you may never be happy with it.

Chuck 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I’ll have my 9” version as soon as the next shipment hits the US. Can’t wait. This will be my first full Deus product. I previously had the Deus 1 lite, but didn’t bother much with it. That was in the very early days. I think I’m also going to buy the dive shaft. That will be my full setup and I’ll make a Deus 2 lite out of the stock shaft and “puck” with an 11” coil for backup and tag alongs. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Many moons ago I bought a Deus 1 . I wanted the 9” coil but my dealer tells me the 11” coil was so much better. The trouble between us was he was a relic hunter and myself a coin hunter. I took his advice and I was never happy using that 11” coil. I wasn’t going the cost of buying that 9” coil so I sold and happy it was gone. Later down the road the ORX came out with that 9” coil and later here a guy had a elliptical coil he wanted to sell .

I say don’t let someone sell you something you really don’t want because like me you may never be happy with it.

Chuck 

Yes I know those relic hunters , I have a few friends who hunt 1st WW relics  , buckles , helmets etc ... they look for rather big targets at depth , this is the reason why they often use big coils that are a little deeper than smaller ones . But coin hunting is a different story , the targets are smaller and often in the iron trash where smaller coils like a 9" are much better .

It is a pity that your dealer did not understand your needs , as understanding the customer needs is their first job ...

• Like 2