Gold Monster 1000 Or Equinox 800?

ks1652

Gerry  

if ever have one of them potatoes slide down your gullet it may put you in bad trouble.

Heck I may try that myself that way my wife couldn’t call me worthless .

Chuck 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

And YES, Yes, yes even to this day, there are a few dealers who do not talk the Equinox 800 as a Gold Detector.  So sorry for the customers who talk with such unknowledgeable dealers as it really does not leave the customers with as many options and or give them the same opportunities as the Multi Use Equinox 800.

This is why you are one of the very few dealers that I trust.

• Thanks 1

The Equinox isn't a gold detector on their website because they still want to sell the Gold Monster which they probably have 10000 units of sitting in their warehouses and many more thousands on dealers shelves around the world.   It's also a better money maker for them, cheaper to produce and far less warranty issues, if you drown your Gold Monster too bad, if your drown your Equinox they have to replace it.

I don't think it's they don't know what the Equinox is capable of, they've seen all the photos and stories on Forums and other social media, they know exactly what the Equinox is doing on gold for people. 

It's no different to the rest of their Minelab Sales rule book, don't let one detector step into another detectors line.  Do anything possible to keep them different to get the most sales of each model possible.

As long as they don't pull a stunt of removing the gold modes of the Equinox 1000 so they can make their Gold Monster 2000 with Multi-IQ.  Sure I'd likely buy both anyway but I'd be very upset if they removed the Gold Modes off the next Equinox.

• Like 9

Phrunt,  You make up some very good points and I would agree with them all..but 1 thing.

Minelab quit selling the X-Terra 2 yrs ago and it's still on their site?  Just goes to show the folks in charge of Marketing their site and detectors is...a lost cause.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Equinox isn't a gold detector on their website because they still want to sell the Gold Monster which they probably have 10000 units of sitting in their warehouses and many more thousands on dealers shelves around the world.   It's also a better money maker for them, cheaper to produce and far less warranty issues, if you drown your Gold Monster too bad, if your drown your Equinox they have to replace it.

I don't think it's they don't know what the Equinox is capable of, they've seen all the photos and stories on Forums and other social media, they know exactly what the Equinox is doing on gold for people. 

It's no different to the rest of their Minelab Sales rule book, don't let one detector step into another detectors line.  Do anything possible to keep them different to get the most sales of each model possible.

As long as they don't pull a stunt of removing the gold modes of the Equinox 1000 so they can make their Gold Monster 2000 with Multi-IQ.  Sure I'd likely buy both anyway but I'd be very upset if they removed the Gold Modes off the next Equinox.

I think this is true, and also why it took three years for a 6x10 to appear. 

• Like 4

Yea, and they made it an open coil damn it!  There is always something 🙂

It may seem like I'm a bit down on the Gold Monster lately, I'm not, I really like it, it's a very effective detector, I just have other detectors I would rather use, it's no longer the one I'd reach for, it was replaced some time ago by my Equinox.  The Gold Monster makes one hell of a pin pointer though.  I wouldn't mind getting some sort of telescopic shaft for mine so I can use it as a pin pointer or full size detector without having to change shafts.

• Like 2

Gerry...you said a mouthful....!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

The GM-1000 is a fine machine and I sell many of them.  It's the most dummy proof, user friendly, turn on and go VLF gold detector on the market at this time.  But it has it's faults and when compared side by side to the Equinox 800, the issues show up.

What's cool about the NOX, I can make it just as User-friendly as the Moster and still get the extra benefits the 800 provides.   Or I can fine tune the additional features and walk all over my Monster.

I'm not going into details where the NOX shines as it's been posted on here a few times. 

I'll close with this and these are facts.   All of my Field Staff Experts owned,  loved and found gold with Gold Bug-2.  After the Monster came out (and we learned it's capabilities, +/-'s)  we all went to it, some faster than others.  When the EQ-800 came out,  Lunk and I  were the 1st to start using it for gold.  In fact it hadn't even been really touted as a gold detector,  but we were of just a few dealers who actually took the time to show up to the Dealer Equinox Showing with Engineering there to answer our questions...and boy did we have fun.

Now, all of my Field Staff use and own at least 1 NOX and some of us own 2.  I can also assure you, we've found more gold with the NOX than any other VLF gold detector.  These are facts and not by 1 or 2 guys,  but at least 10 of us.

Happy hunting. 

Hi Gerry do you have any links or simple advice for tuning the Nox for gold, been trying to grasp this detector for nuggetshooting but having troubles, thanks for any advice 🙂