Hello! Introduction To All

GrievousAngel

I have browsed & ‘lurked’ around this site for a while now as it has become my ‘go to’ detecting magazine & forum! So I signed up today and looking forward to hanging out.with y’all. 

I have used Garrett Land & Sea but recently moved into an Equinox 800 w/ the Minelab Coils plus Coiltek NOX 5x10 and a NOX 15. I gave my grandson the Garrett L&S as it is an excellent ‘dig everything’ PI detector. It needs a strong back to swing…

IMHO, the NOX 800 is a ‘top drawer’ detector that does what Minelab claims with authority.

See y’all around town,

Billy

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Welcome from East Texas.

Tell us a little about yourself & where yo like to hunt.

Welcome to the forum and please share some of your stories and finds with us. We always enjoy seeing the pictures of the hunt also as it gives some of a chance to see other parts of the world.

What part of the country are you from?

Welcome Billy,

Glad you found us, and cudos for getting your grandson involved in detecting! Looking forward to some pics and stories!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome, Billy!  Enjoy your new detector and especially going detecting with your grandson.

Thanks for the greetings.

I'm from Statesboro, GA near Savannah, about 3-4 hours south of ATL. I spent sometime in the Eagle River Valley near Beaver Creek in Avon, CO (near Vail).

I am a retired EE of ~20 years. I enjoy projects in most all areas, ie. electronics to wood to metal, etc. I enjoy most all outdoor adventures from fishing to hunting to canoeing to travel. History and related treasure like modern coins & jewelry to relics to gold has always been an interest of mine, and of course, metal detecting is a great pathway to venture into. I am located very close to many Atlantic beaches (60 miles), ie. Tybee Island, Hilton Head and a few others, so beach detecting works.

I did a introductory video years back for post-graduate course, so it's attached. It may be off-topic, but hopefully a little entertaining. I played music from early high school through university study as well as engaging in related technologies.

Looking forward to sharing with y'all soon.

BTW: I tried to attach video but failed. Is there a way to upload a video for sharing?

• Like 1

Welcome Billy, Always good to have new members here. I'm looking forward to your next post with a few goodies that you found. Glad your here and wish you luck next time out with the 800.