Switched Over To The Stock Coil For Trashy Sites

Dancer

Due to deeply sanded in beaches started hunting off beach.  These places are very trashy so the smaller coil.  These targets were shallow and bedded down with plenty of rusty crown caps.   Some change and a Silver ring minus the stone.    Hunted in Disc whole time. Believe me it was this kind of hunt or the couch.   Fun little over a hour hunt.

20220112_093209.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Switched Over To The Stock Coil For Trashy Sites

Dancer... I would greatly appreciate your considered opinion/observations on the difference in separation you get in those trashier sites with the stock coil vs the 12'. I am seriously considering getting the stock coil to use until Dimitar, hopefully introduces a midsize coil for the MDT. I'm working in nails & small iron so there is that difference from your trash.

• Like 1

Dancer  

I’m thinking about doing the same thing as JCR so you can see you can be a great help to both of us.

Thanks !

Chuck 

• Like 2

Both coils have about the same depth and target separation.    But of course in really trashy areas, I would give the nod to the standard.    The standard is what I use around picnic pavilions, grassy parking lots.  These places can get bad. The Tarsacci has those 3 modes to switch threw if needed.  With a little experience if you get in a area that it gets gets chatty, it's very easily tamed.      The standard is more oblong than the 12" so I would go with that. You guys know what you have to fight threw, I believe the standard is what you want.    But now if you get out where there's a little room, of course the 12" gives you ground coverage along with good separation.    In the end it's The Site, then the operator, then the machine/ coil.    I hope in some way I helped out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dimitar also said it would do some better in trash.

Thanks

• Like 2

Aaron had said something that Dimitar was talking about putting out the lower shaft. I’ve always have had a lower shaft on a extra coil that I use a lot . It just makes it convenient so one can make a quick change of coils if so wish .

I hope when Dimitar does come out with a smaller coil he’ll make the lower shaft available at the same time. It would be great to have that shaft now being I’m thinking about getting the stock coil.

Chuck 

I received a stock coil for my MDT 8000 yesterday. I like it and will do some garden testing & nail littered relic site hunting this weekend. I think it will give me a different peek through the nails than the 12" Beast. We will see. I'm glad to have both sizes but still want a smaller 7" round or 6X8 elliptical!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey JCR  

Glad to hear you received your stock coil. I for one will be waiting to see what more you have to say about this coil.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

After hunting out my trashy sites I stayed with the standard while back to hunting wet surf / wading.   Crazy but I can find very little difference in depth.  And the standard handles better in ruffer water (smaller profile). In salt water conditions the Tarsacci is as good as the competition with depth and quietness.    As with any machine the better you know it the better the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dancer  

You said a mouth full when you were talking about spending time with your detector. Two people standing side by side with the same detector the one that’s used his detector longer in the field will always find more. Both detectors are saying the same but only one knows what it’s saying to him. That’s the reason you could easily out do me being I haven’t had the time I’d like to spend with my Tarsacci.

Chuck 

• Like 1