Love Finding Indians!

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's an impressive collection of recovered IHP's!  Looks like you need a lot of 186x and 187x, most of which are the scarcer in the series, but they are out there.  I have a feeling you are going to fill in some more spots in that folder.

Diverging a bit, is that a Whitman folder?

Thanks! Yes, it’s a Whitman folder. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Very nice!  I like the 1893 Worlds Faire cent. 

Cal, I sometimes think about who stuck that 1889 penny into that machine. Was it a little boy or girl. Perhaps maybe a dad taking a souvenir home. Who knows? They were both found in yards here in town.  Tom

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

That is one heck of a tribe that you have, what is their name.

I hope you have more luck on finding the rest of them.

Thanks! I’m not sure what they call themselves🤔 but I reckon Tome2sons is the chief. 😁

• Haha 2

Cool Indians! 

Especially the oddball ones! You have some nice spots to hunt! I'm jealous!!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Cool Indians! 

Especially the oddball ones! You have some nice spots to hunt! I'm jealous!!👍👍

Thanks Joe, I think all the odd ball ones came from yards in town. The majority have come from old schools or church’s. A couple come to mind. One gave me nineteen and another gave me and my hunting partner over twenty total. (that was on several trips to each location) I think a lot of the earlier hunters were looking mostly for silver and the Indians were over looked. Who knows? Plus and maybe the most important we kept going back.

• Like 1

Very impressive. I love the coin, because where I lived in Alaska it was an impossible dream, just a bit out of range for age. My stuff was mostly 30’s, rare 20’s, and teens all but unheard of. I had as much chance of finding 1800s coins as finding a gold coin, maybe worse actually.

So count me as a super thumbs up! 👍🏼

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Very impressive. I love the coin, because where I lived in Alaska it was an impossible dream, just a bit out of range for age. My stuff was mostly 30’s, rare 20’s, and teens all but unheard of. I had as much chance of finding 1800s coins as finding a gold coin, maybe worse actually.

So count me as a super thumbs up! 👍🏼

But you had gold nuggets the size of potatoes 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2