Walking To The First Of 2022

Beautiful coin and sounds like you had a great hunt.

Good luck on your next outing and stay warm.

• Like 1

Great way to start the year dog! Glad to see you went back to continue hunting that spot! Hopefully there are more goodies nearby!👍👍

• Like 1

Hell yeah! Sounds like you’re killing the silver halves!  I’ve only dig two halves in five years of detecting.  Halves seem to elude me, but I always read of other detectorists having trouble finding standing liberty quarters.  I got four of those last year.  It’s weird what coins were dropped in different parts of the country.  

• Like 1

Were you using the Tesoro or the Equinox? I'll never forget my first and only solid 34... 🤔 'Bout blew my head off. 🤯

Great find, doggo. 👍

• Like 2

That's great!

• Thanks 1

Hate to say it 350 (BUT) I was using a tesoro with a 10x12  concentric. Not knocking the 800 but for me it has some troubles with iron nails mixed with  good targets. This place is filthy with the old tin coated roofing nails and larger framing nails of the 20's to 50's. The disc ability and circuitry allow for some pretty nice results. That being said, me and my buddy have hit this small area about 7 times with the 800, and have found around 3 silver coins. Four times with one guy  (about 6 hours) with the tesoro has yielded 8. I grew up on analog machines and have learned to trust the 1 tone machines without ID numbers. Tesoro sounds just don't lie to you. Once you master the sounds your confidence will increase. I love the 800 in most places, But sometimes it requires a Tesoro to squeak out some more  treasure out of your sites. (That you know has a little more to give.) Ever wonder why there are not a lot of Tesoro's for sale? I have one more Tesoro secret that I'll keep.

• Like 6

Poor Rich, Love you buddy. You need to come and enjoy our arctic weather and fine silver.

• Haha 2