Beach Sand Scoop Advice

1 hour ago, kac said:

I tried bed liner and it does work but not for that long. Might be better off with grip tape like the stuff used on bikes. I took the easier way out and lent mine to a buddy so he has a scoop to use and black hands πŸ™‚

I don't know how anyone can hunt without a light pair of diving gloves. Been water hunting with gloves for 25 years.Β Β πŸ‘

• Like 3

Β  Β If your a sifter; and not all of us are BTW (i scoop and kick, on land anyway!), Then having a scoop insert, weather DIY, or bought, is a nice way to alter an existing scoop with little expense! Who wants to buy multiple scoops to cover different situations (travel not withstanding)! Many of us already do that with our detectors and coils; that's enough expense!!πŸ™„

As a recent example,Β KacΒ has been experimenting with different configurations, made on his printer! (seen elsewhere on the forum)!Β Or you can create one, or a few, that meet your requirements!πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2

On my kayak paddle I use aΒ Self-adhesive Silicone Tape, Waterproof Silicone Rubber Adhesive Repair Tape, Bonding Rescue Wire Hose Silicone Self Fusing Tape.Β  It is very durableΒ and provides a good gripping surface.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, kac said:

I tried bed liner and it does work but not for that long.

Got to prepare the surface. Just spraying on the scoop handle without cleaning and a surface brushing or sanding of the surface will make it not last long. Do it right and it lasts well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tvr said:

Got to prepare the surface. Just spraying on the scoop handle without cleaning and a surface brushing or sanding of the surface will make it not last long. Do it right and it lasts well.

I did that but depends on the aluminum. 6061 it would hold up much better as it is harder than some the other aluminum. I used an extension pole from a snow rake. Had a detachable end I put into the scoop so I can pop it apart and it fits in the back of my car. Don't think it is 6061 as it seems really soft.

• Like 1