XP Deus II Update Version 0.6

Steve Herschbach

82fd56dd2532b4f92afad397033aaedac37abda8

The entire XP team wants to thank all XP users around the world and wish you all a Happy New Year 202II! 

DEUS II is an evolving detector and constantly improving. Our engineering team will regularly release new updates. We recommend you to install the DEUS II UPDATER software on your PC and update your remote control and headphones upon receipt. Please make sure you download the latest update. This will allow you to detect with the latest version and the latest improvements! For those of you who have not received their DEUS II yet, we recommend updating the devices as soon as you receive them!

Current version to date: V0.6

·       Correction to the frequency SCAN function

·       Improved discrimination in PARK and DEEPHC programs

·       Improvement of the WS6 operation in Master

·       Various corrections

Here are all the instructions you need to follow to successfully update the DEUS II to the latest version and any future versions we will release.

1.      Download the latest software DEUS II UPDATER

2.      Then install the new application

3.      Then follow the instructions to install the update on the DEUS II Remote Control & on the WS6 headphones

For the Remote Control you have to:

·       Use the 6 point stainless steel connector cable we provide with the DEUS II. Plug it to the remote control

·       Select DEUS II in the top left corner of the update application

·       On the remote control: 

·       Go to OPTION menu

·       Go to SETTINGS

·       Scroll, select UPDATE and confirm

·       Plug the USB cable to your PC

·       Then the device will start to update automatically

For the WS6 headphones you have to:

·       Use the single USB cable we provide with the DEUS II. Plug it to the WS6 

·       Select WS6 in the top left corner of the update application

·       On the headphones:

o   Press the ⚙️ button to access the menu, scroll with the same button and select SETTINGS by pressing the button for 3 seconds

o   Scroll with the same button and select UPDATE by pressing the button for 3 seconds

o   Press the Menu button (bottom right) for 3 seconds to confirm 

o   Then the headphones will start to update automatically

·       Then the headphones will start to update automatically

At any time you can start the DEUS II UPDATER from your PC to find out the latest version available for your DEUS II.

• Like 7

• This topic was pinned and unpinned

17 hours ago, calabash digger said:

Version 6 !

Looks like a Typo on the Deus site perhaps, or they'll call the final release 1.0?  Or it is indeed 0.6, which is a weird final firmware numbering scheme.  Must be final because there are production units in the wild now.

Calabash, does it display 0.6 or 6 (0.5 or 5) on bootup on your test unit?

I'm hoping they soon offer updates based on n Apple Mac IOS platform. 

I grew weary of Windows long ago so I currently run Linux OS and have a Mac laptop. 

• Like 3

It’s version 0.6 which simply tells me they have a plan for a lot more updates, shooting for a full version 1.0. This is not unusual these days. You can only do so much with a handful of testers. So get it out there, and listen to your customers, and finish it up. Think getting a new cell phone, and the constant updates. I actually like this. Many people complained about some Minelab detectors making them think they would see lots of updates and improvements, then just one or two happened, and then nothing. CTX comes specifically to mind. In this case it really does seem to be more a promise of lots of updates to comes, and due to the display being fully programmable (most detectors have custom displays that can’t change) they could completely revamp the screen based on feedback. I’d love a mode where the screen I’d filled with the target id number and nothing else. It’s possible if enough people ask for it. :smile:

• Like 6

Steve it was great to see ML make meaningful firmware updates on the EQX, because not only did they fix bugs but the added features and increased functionality increased both our finds and enjoyment, but also somewhat future proofed and protected our investment.  

Gary said the D2 will receive many updates with enhanced features in the near future.  I like what I'm seeing thus far.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2022 at 9:31 AM, ColonelDan said:

I'm hoping they soon offer updates based on n Apple Mac IOS platform. 

I grew weary of Windows long ago so I currently run Linux OS and have a Mac laptop. 

I've successfully updated the Vanquish, Equinox and Simplex using Windows 10 installed in virtualbox using a Linux host. You have to add yourself to the vboxusers group and reboot to get full bidirectional USB support. What distro are you running?

8 hours ago, 67GTA said:

I've successfully updated the Vanquish, Equinox and Simplex using Windows 10 installed in virtualbox using a Linux host. You have to add yourself to the vboxusers group and reboot to get full bidirectional USB support. What distro are you running?

🤔  Thanks.  Sounds like a good solution but I think I've discovered an even easier approach....for me that is.  My hunting buddy has a PC with Windows 10.  I'll just make my way over to his house and update the Deus II from there when the time comes.  😁

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The DEUS 2 I bought already has version 0.6. I found two programs in it that are not in the manual. 13. Beach P and 14. Fast 40. I did not find any description of these.

Do you know more about these?

Deus2_P13_Beach_P.JPG

Deus2_P14_fast_40.JPG

32 minutes ago, Timmysys said:

The DEUS 2 I bought already has version 0.6. I found two programs in it that are not in the manual. 13. Beach P and 14. Fast 40. I did not find any description of these.

Do you know more about these?

Deus2_P13_Beach_P.JPG

Deus2_P14_fast_40.JPG