Central Texas Treasures

Dan(NM)

Dan,

EXCELLENT hunt!  What's the ring-like item on the far right?

Steve

5 minutes ago, steveg said:

Dan,

EXCELLENT hunt!  What's the ring-like item on the far right?

Steve

Thank you very much. I'm not sure Steve, it looks like it's made out of bone or somethinglike that. It was laying on top of the ground in an area where I have dug v nickels

Nice hunt. The weather has been nice but it is getting dry again here. Something made of bone would not be out of place in your area. Could be quite old too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JCR said:

Nice hunt. The weather has been nice but it is getting dry again here. Something made of bone would not be out of place in your area. Could be quite old too.

I showed the ring to my wife and sister in law, both of them said it gave them some weird vibes. I told them I was compelled to pick it up lol..

• Haha 3

Dan, LOL!  It definitely looks like some type of hand-carved ring...very interesting!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Nice hunting, good targets with average amount of trash.

The ring looks to be from the local Indians of the area, could have been made from one of the settlers spine that they ran off.

When you find out what it is please let me know.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay away from the Indians.

• Thanks 1

Nice recoveries.  Been a while since I've been out.  Lost my hunting buddy to Covid last month, it's been hard to believe he is gone.

• Oh my! 1

48 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Nice recoveries.  Been a while since I've been out.  Lost my hunting buddy to Covid last month, it's been hard to believe he is gone.

Sorry to hear that. I started the new year off with covid, I was very fortunate that it was the mild version.