Jump to content

Is The Deus II Really Deeper On Gold Than The Excall???


Recommended Posts


Cal,

  I understand your point, but I do not understand your methods.  As a beach hunter your test methods and comparisons are irrelevant.  An Excell hunter hunts on the beach, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  An Excall hunter hunts on wet sand as the tide is rising or falling.  An Excall hunter is hunting in the surf or under water, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  I understand that the D2 is so much better than the Excall inland on dry land, but how is the comparison on the beach or underwater on real live undug targets?  I understand you really love the D2, but please show it beating the Excall, or the Nox, or the Tarsacci under real life scenarios that I hunt and not in your back yard.  I don't hunt in your back yard.  I hunt on the beach.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh my! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The_Stalker said:

 As a beach hunter your test methods and comparisons are irrelevant.  An Excell hunter hunts on the beach, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  An Excall hunter hunts on wet sand as the tide is rising or falling.  An Excall hunter is hunting in the surf or under water, not 1 mile inland from the beach.

Well you have to look at this which dusted some feathers.  Calabash is 100% correct

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The_Stalker said:

Cal,

  I understand your point, but I do not understand your methods.  As a beach hunter your test methods and comparisons are irrelevant.  An Excell hunter hunts on the beach, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  An Excall hunter hunts on wet sand as the tide is rising or falling.  An Excall hunter is hunting in the surf or under water, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  I understand that the D2 is so much better than the Excall inland on dry land, but how is the comparison on the beach or underwater on real live undug targets?  I understand you really love the D2, but please show it beating the Excall, or the Nox, or the Tarsacci under real life scenarios that I hunt and not in your back yard.  I don't hunt in your back yard.  I hunt on the beach.

Maybe you should watch his videos then.. ??  He has several videos showing beach hunting in wet sand and shallow salt water. But I will say your complaint about not hunting his back yard ... Well next it will be you don't hunt his beaches or lakes, etc.  Do you think the xcal can hit that gold ring better in the salt water under wet sand? If it can't hit that ring in cals back yard then it's not hitting it in worse conditions . I don't hunt in his back yard but it just takes a little common sense to see what's going on.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would agree, it is deeper. I would also consider that excalibur to be a little weaker on the smaller gold having the larger coil then add in the stock headphones a very weak link. But right up front a stock Deus ll and 99% of the worlds Excalibur..hands down the deus ll.

Time will tell soon with the world getting them in hand, I just got a message from Detector Comparison..Carter Pennington. A experienced diver / beach hunter. Said he will have his Deus ll next week and has some comparing and diving planned on some old beaches up in New England. Here is a couple of his videos on compares and diving. He also part owner of Detector Pro headphones. I'm sure he will have the Deus ll, Nox, Excalibur.. plus.

All of his video's  ..  https://www.youtube.com/c/DetectorComparisons/videos

As you can see different location, different results.. Pi depth test..

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The_Stalker said:

Cal,

  I understand your point, but I do not understand your methods.  As a beach hunter your test methods and comparisons are irrelevant.  An Excell hunter hunts on the beach, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  An Excall hunter hunts on wet sand as the tide is rising or falling.  An Excall hunter is hunting in the surf or under water, not 1 mile inland from the beach.  I understand that the D2 is so much better than the Excall inland on dry land, but how is the comparison on the beach or underwater on real live undug targets?  I understand you really love the D2, but please show it beating the Excall, or the Nox, or the Tarsacci under real life scenarios that I hunt and not in your back yard.  I don't hunt in your back yard.  I hunt on the beach.

 

 

Videos all over my channel of it doing just that...  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have kinda of a objection ....WHY do we keep bringing PI units into the mix? Guys that use PI units on the beach seem like a VERY small minority...and it is a dig it all approach ???? Even 2 ft bobby pins? Moe at the Deus service center in Massachusetts already has one and he is a VERY experienced Beach Hunter. My findings are matching his and I am very confident they will match others...I have spent 16 hours under water with this unit and it blows the Excalll away...CAN y'all say Bone Conduction headphones>>>being just one area that it obsoletes the Excall for underwater use... 

I might not be a very experienced beach hunter but I am a very experienced Dark Water Diver so I can speak on that matter with complete confidence.. The video below is at a OLD dock and the pond is iron loaded....We hammered the same area with the Excall....Look what the Deus II unlocked..

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cal,

  Thank you for all the hard work and quality videos you have posted on the Deus 2.  To me the last question is can it detect in the salt water.  My only fear is a target disappears in the surf wash like it does with the Nox, or it becomes very unstable in the ocean with the wave action.  The best praise that you gave to the D2 did not come on any video, the best praise came when I saw that you listed your comparable ML detectors for sale.  I admire a person who votes with their feet.  It's nice to see someone who really loves the equipment they use.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CB your in fresh water right?  Carter is in Saltwater, saltwater changes everything once the detector is fully submerged. Then add.......... he's in a different location gives another perspective of how it performs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, calabash digger said:

I do have kinda of a objection ....WHY do we keep bringing PI units into the mix? Guys that use PI units on the beach seem like a VERY small minority...and it is a dig it all approach ???? Even 2 ft bobby pins? Moe at the Deus service center in Massachusetts already has one and he is a VERY experienced Beach Hunter. My findings are matching his and I am very confident they will match others...I have spent 16 hours under water with this unit and it blows the Excalll away...CAN y'all say Bone Conduction headphones>>>being just one area that it obsoletes the Excall for underwater use... 

I might not be a very experienced beach hunter but I am a very experienced Dark Water Diver so I can speak on that matter with complete confidence.. The video below is at a OLD dock and the pond is iron loaded....We hammered the same area with the Excall....Look what the Deus II unlocked..

 

I can tell how long you have been around, bone conductive headphones have been used for years by divers. I've even made a few myself for divers..... And the video of the PI's was just to show his testing, it had nothing to do with what he was comparing.. 

No doubt the excalibur is a dinosaur, the Nox proved that. If I was a first time buyer and I had a choice of buying the Deus ll or a excalibur I would more than likely go with the deus ll and the main reason is that 5 year warranty.

As far as what the excalibur missed at your site..The water is as land hunting, No one gets it all..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...