Nine Nokta/Makro Models Discontinued

https://www.noktadetectors.com/discontinued-products/

That’s some serious housecleaning, with no replacement unless you count Legend. On the chopping block:

Anfibio 14

Anfibio 19

Kruzer

Multi Kruzer

Racer 2

CF 77 Coin Finder

Jotech LED System

Gold Racer

AU Gold Finder

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

• The title was changed to Nine Nokta/Makro Models Discontinued

Good to see that the Anfibio Multi is not on that list.

The ruggedness (it is a creeker, and that is a sturdy compliment), the coil options especially those smaller than stock, the top shelf audio options, and the reliably good performance in most situations make it a significantly better than average all around tool in its price range that would be difficult to replace. As good as the Deus, and the Nox are, they are not creekers in my opinion; too dainty.

Some software updates might make the Anfibio Multi even better in the future.

• Like 2

I am not surprised at all by this decision. I have owned five of those listed long enough to discover that they could not handle moderate to high iron mineralization worth a darn, overloaded on some of their lowest settings and were basically too unstable to use where I live. The lower frequency models also were not that great in saltwater or on wet saltwater sand. This is another instance where high quality SMF tech really can make detectors like the ones listed become obsolete almost overnight. With this decision, the Racer line of detectors is now done along with the original Makro half of Nokta Makro.

It also shows how much Nokta Makro believes in the Anfibio Multi, Simplex and of course their new Legend to continue to be great sellers as they should be. 

I have owned the Simplex and definitely could see its potential. The Legend is a detector that I will definitely buy in the future.

• Like 4

I think it is a good move on their part, No sense in manufacturing a bunch of machines that  basically do the same thing. From a business standpoint this might free up some cash to invest in tech which can get to the end user in a timely fashion. This also means that they will still be in business down the road (which is a great thing). IMHO they made a decision based on a tight market and a global supply issues. The detectors that are still on the shelf are good stout machines and will still sell well. As for the Legend I need to see a little more before I give it a whirl. I wish them a lot of luck in the future.

• Like 2

I would not be surprised to see their next introduction to be an updated PI for their lineup. They make one now but you never hear about it.

51 minutes ago, JCR said:

I would not be surprised to see their next introduction to be an updated PI for their lineup. They make one now but you never hear about it.

Are you talking about the pulse dive pinpointer?  If so, that's a giant leap to general service PI detector.  Given Nokta's MO to announce significant products in development years before they come to market (e.g., Legend), I would say we're years away from a general use PI from Nokta.  XP, First Texas and others who don't have a general use PI on the street (I am not counting the Impulse AQ as that is a Fisher product in name only - not developed in house - and not yet fully baked) also have PI-based pinpointers.  So it is not necessarily a harbinger of forthcoming product, though Nokta has stated they do want to market a PI.  So, while it indeed may be Nokta's next big product release, we may be waiting awile.  I suspect they may come out with the Mini-Horde, Legend Edition next.  A kid's entry level Multifrequency detector.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was thinking they had a PI unit already besides the PulseDive. Seems it was the imaging detectors I was remembering. Never hear about those either.

• Like 1