Nokta/Makro Gold Racer & AU Gold Finder Discontinued

https://www.noktadetectors.com/discontinued-products/

Along with seven other models, nine in total. That’s some serious housecleaning, including both dedicated gold nugget detectors, with no replacement unless you count Legend. On the chopping block:

Anfibio 14

Anfibio 19

Kruzer

Multi Kruzer

Racer 2

CF 77 Coin Finder

Jotech LED System

Gold Racer

AU Gold Finder

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Do they have something to replace those detectors, and are they any better than what they are clearing out.

I am glad the waterproof Gold Kruzer is still around. That is an excellent detector with some great features. Haven't tried the GoldFinder 2000........

The Legend must really be something on small low conductors. From the European videos I have seen, it has much more stable target IDs on deeper targets and low conductors and seems way less EMI and abnormal ground conditions finicky compared to the detectors that were discontinued. So its SMF tech appears to be quite advanced.

• Like 5

I think it's the correct path to take, out with the old in with the new, far better than selling a massive range of detectors for no reason like some manufacturers are known for. 

Makes a lot of sense to me, let's face it how many of the discontinued detectors would sell now with the Legend? How many dealers would even want to stock them?  Waste of time and money producing them.

A big range of detectors may make you look like a big manufacturer, it doesn't make you a good one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Just the new Legend multifrequency. Tons of posts on Nokta Forum about it. If they think it alone can replace all those models, that’s saying a lot. Maybe multifrequency does make single frequency obsolete.

Steve thank you for a fast reply, I would have given you a thumbs up but ran out of likes.

Seems to make sense from everyone else's post's.

• Like 1

So the cleaned up product line up looks like:

Simplex

Simplex WHP

Legend

Legend Pro Pack

Anfibio Multi

Impact (more features, not waterproof, AA batts) 

Gold Kruzer

Gold Finder 2000 

With that they have most bases covered, so now to complete their line up, they would need: 

- PI Beach machine

- PI Gold machine

- A very basic SMF machine to sit between Simplex and Legend price point (but that's least critical at this stage).  

• Like 3

That's a nice tidy range of good detectors (I assume with the Legend)

Hopefully they end up making the PI detectors, Dilek did indicate they were going to make a Gold prospecting PI some years ago, haven't heard a peep since but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

• Like 1

Minelab has the PI department pretty well dominated. Think it would be really difficult and expensive to get into that market unless they try their hand for a Manta version for beaches but with all the trash that can be a hard sell.

I was looking forward to the Legend but it doesn't replace my Multi Kruzer as you can't run prospecting mode for beach hunting. That leaves a custom all metal beach mode out and only left with MF with ## tones. I use the Kruzer quite a bit at the beach in 5khz in gen mode with manual ground balancing. Works very well. Besides the shotty shells that were on the surface I snuck out a V-Nickel l believe is 1898 and a 46 rosie in less than an hour.

66388836371__326E4E59-76C0-41A8-943A-DB8781965AD0.JPG

• Like 3

Ken, there is nothing wrong with using the Legend Gold Prospecting mode in Multi at the beach…….It will have a higher frequency running but it will also have a lower one too. I know you can only select single frequency 20 and 40 kHz in the Gold Prospecting mode. Why would you want to use a single frequency at a saltwater beach when multi frequency would work as well or better.

The dry and wet Beach modes using multi will also have very low and medium frequencies. They can be run in 1, 2 or more tones and a threshold reference tone can be use.

To me, the Legend looks like an outstanding beach detector for any target conductivity.

• Like 3