PUHH

in this video we can see that the main transmitted signal is the same

dq.jpg.0461771a714f28e7d0d2a1b70dfeb07a.jpg

- Multi signal Equinox Park/Field/Gold = Deus-2 pr.1/2/3/4/8/12

- Equinox Beach and Deus-2 pr.5/9/11 signals are slightly different, but the upper frequencies are the same 24кГц

- Equinox does not have a low-frequency signal, like deus-2 Deep and Diving program (Pr. 6/10) 

• Like 3

That's interesting.  Not too surprised the PWM waveforms are so similar.  I recall Equinox frequency domain plots, however, that showed a significant difference between the Gold and Park/Field modes.  The transmitted waveform output waveshape and frequencies are only a fraction of the story, however, when comparing simultaneous multi frequency (SMF) types between detectors.  Coil design and output power plays a role along with how SMF is used to improve ground handling and ferromagnetic target filtering.  But perhaps most importantly, target signal processing is the true "secret sauce" differentiator between the different flavors of SMF (i.e., Multi-IQ, Multi-Flex, FMF, etc.)

• Like 3

I didn't want to watch the full 15 minutes, not understanding the language (Russian)?  Were there any Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) plots/traces/images shown (as ELNINO77 does)?  Sometimes superposition of waves (aka 'interference) will show misleading/confusing info on an oscilloscope trace.  (That may only be for simultaneously transmitted waves, though, and I don't know if multifrequency detectors do that or alternate.)  Where is @EL NINO77when we need him??  :biggrin:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I didn't want to watch the full 15 minutes, not understanding the language (Russian)?  Were there any Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) plots/traces/images shown (as ELNINO77 does)?  Sometimes superposition of waves (aka 'interference) will show misleading/confusing info on an oscilloscope trace.  (That may only be for simultaneously transmitted waves, though, and I don't know if multifrequency detectors do that or alternate.)  Where is @EL NINO77when we need him??  :biggrin:

I just saw time domain PWM waveforms as I scanned through the video. I'm sure "El" will chime in eventually...:smile:

• Like 2

The waveforms look the same but there is quite a bit of difference between them. The Deus2 actually looks a lot more like the DFX than the Equinox. It's always better to look at the coil current when figuring out MF waveforms. That can be done with a pick-up coil if you know how to do it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I just saw time domain PWM waveforms as I scanned through the video. I'm sure "El" will chime in eventually...:smile:

...or Carl.  :smile:

46 minutes ago, Geotech said:

The waveforms look the same but there is quite a bit of difference between them. The Deus2 actually looks a lot more like the DFX than the Equinox. It's always better to look at the coil current when figuring out MF waveforms. That can be done with a pick-up coil if you know how to do it.

Yes.

👍 .....Measuring the TX coil voltage / as in the video / will not give true and accurate results.

This is exactly how Carl Moreland explained ... for the multifrequency you have to concentrate on measuring the current from the Tx of the detector coil ... so that you know exactly what type of multifrequency it is. find out with the help of FFT ..👍

I know my knowledge of how to do the measurement correctly ... I got it on the Geotech1 forum ... and I thank Carl Moreland, and the forum members for their great help in this matter ...👍:smile:

Since Carl mentioned one more important thing and that is that multi is more like multi-frequency / 2F / multi DFX ... and not like IQ- multi frequency on Equinox / 3F / 4F / I also consider it correct..and it's pretty in tune with also with the DEUS II manual where the manufacturer mentions various characteristics of multifrequency / 2 frequencies / for individual Deus II programs ...

...It should be noted here that different Deus II programs use a different 2F multifrequency .. which are targeted at a certain type of detection.

... here I want to note ..for one thing ... and that. the use of multifrequency in the detector should theoretically bring better detection properties either in depth or detection sensitivity with better ID, as well as better separation and better work in more mineralized  terrain ..- for example compared to some excellent "single-frequency Top detectors.!

..However, all these theoretical assumptions of multifrequency are not so easily combined and at the same time effectively achieved ......and we will see if XP with the Deus II detector can deal with this challenge ...

..When I have the opportunity, I will try to measure Deus II with  oscilloscope and also write my observations. About the Multifrequency of Deus II.

I also believe that soon I will have the opportunity to test and compare Deus II against other Top detectors in field tests and detecting...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just a side note, but DFX was derived from a Minelab patent that has to be long expired. BBS has all got to be expired, maybe even FBS. To my knowledge V3i had no frequency patents. And even Equinox I think they relied more on encoding the software in a hard to break fashion than a patent, which by nature reveals processes. A lot if the stuff was blocked by patents for some time, but may be the case that firewall around Minelab is finally breaking. Or so it would appear.

• Like 2