Tips For A Gold Monster 1000 In Gold Basin

Got another 3 pieces yesterday. It is paying off for me to test the depth to caliche. I have found if it is too shallow, there is alot of trash and I don't have any luck finding gold for the most part, there was one exception. But what I am trying to do is find caliche around a foot deep. Maybe an inch or two shallower or a few inches deeper and I am running on auto 1. If I find something then I will back it down to around 7 and then again down to 5-3 depending on how queit the threshold is. My thinking is at this depth range, alot of detectors must be missing this gold for multiple reasons and the 6000 has no problems seeing it no matter how coarse, crystaline and delicate the piece of gold is. I think the 6000 is better on depth than alot of people are giving it credit for. If you have one and do not have the 17" mono coil then you should call up Chris, Rob, Gerry, Bill or Doc and get one. It is able to be swung all day without a Bungie strap and in my opinion it is easier to pinpoint with than the 11". I have an article coming out in April on this strategy with the test hole process in ICMJ. I have managed to go off in multiple directions and search for and test the slopes and ridges with the depth and when it is what I want, I am finding gold. If I go shallower, most of the time I will get skunked.

• Thanks 1

Goldseeker, never have tried detecting around Meadview or even thought of it, thanks for the wake-up. 

• Like 2