Talked Myself Into a 25" Nugget Finder Coil

You better order a HIPSTICK and save your shoulder!!!! While out in the Dales, Grandpa John let me play with his 25 inch NF...I was amazed how easy it swung with the aid of my HIPSTICK...which this old guy loves...

fred

Your right Steve, big pain to pinpoint with.  And it takes a mighty big hole to get that coil down in when trying to find the target.  I dug a grave one day and never did find the target.  It's one of those holes that I always think about going back and re-digging.  May have just been ground noise, never really got any better.  Either that or the target was off to one side like you talked about with that nail.  Although I don't know how I could have missed it with that hole I dug :-)  It was huge

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok but if your new one is broken then you can call me anytime as I am not able to use it any more due to health issue.

I also found out that 25 inches coil had two modes. ( back when I  had a small back hoe to played with, I dug several holes with

difference depth and buried beer cans in that holes to test how deep could 25 inches coil find those cans )

Normal mode is normal slow swing speed , the 25 incher has several inches advantage over my 16 incher.

Deep mode is very quick swing mode. When normal slow swing mode could not detect the beer can down deeper, then try to swing

much faster and surprise you will be able to hear the signal. (  I guess the reason it could be heard because the size of the coil was

much larger !  )

So when you tow with that coil you can try difference speed and you will find the ostrich golden eggs ! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

NOTICE TO ALL CONCERNED PARTIES!

I, Klunker, am not speaking to S. Herschbach OR ddmk6. Steve is guilty of convincing me to try a huge coil and ddmk6 for loaning it to me. I would punch them both in the nose but my arm is too sore. It produced 1- 3dwt nugget out of very hammered ground. When I'm not so sore AND they apologize they will be back in my good graces.

• Like 1

Almost enough to pay the chiropractor......pretty sure there was a disclaimer with that coil.  Should have just left that hipstick with you too.  Sure don't need it out here, expecting snow again tonight.....

Good job on the nugget.  Anything out of that patch is well deserved.

Kenny