What A Comparison Of The Aqua

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

And don't get me wrong. The right person, with the right spot can do well using the disc side of the AQ. I love my AQ's but there are places I will not take the AQ and would much rather have the excalibur, or the D2..

Hi Joe, I believe you may have told me which places you wouldn't take the AQ but I have forgotten them. If you wouldn't mind, could you refresh my memory? 

After almost 2 years I may finally be able to do a little hunting. My wife is doing much better and looks to have beaten the cancer and has one more major surgery to go.

Thanks,      El

• Like 2

AQ in coin spill can have me walking away from it ... double blip from all directions ... but with the settings that put US coins all in grunt mode; if I get distinct double blips from all directions in all metal and then it is all low tone grunt in tone mode; when not real deep, it is likely a recent coin spill still in a tight grouping. Open beach that is, different hunting in the water where it is tough to circle targets and sweep from many directions; but then the target density is entirely different too. It's taking time to learn things with the beast; things that a VLF detector could tell me right away. Perhaps it is how I'm wired that is making the AQ learning interesting and fun for me.

• Like 1

Prayers are with you. Be Blessed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Elbert said:

After almost 2 years I may finally be able to do a little hunting. My wife is doing much better and looks to have beaten the cancer and has one more major surgery to go.

And same as Rick N. said .. Prayers are with you.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 7:05 AM, Chase Goldman said:

So...I get why we haven't seen an Impulse AQ bake off against D2 to date, but where has this comparison vs. the Nox been all these months?

Looking at Alexandre's 7 point list, my swag is that D2 is going to represent quite well.  Would really like to see those results...

...about 8 inches deeper--contest over.  Maybe more...😆

cjc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cjc said:

...about 8 inches deeper--contest over.  Maybe more...😆

cjc

More like contest over once the D2 goes past the Impulse rated submersion depth by about 19 meters.  I like jokes, thanks for making my day by setting that up for me, Clive.

I'm happy you got your unicorn working at last.  Many others not so lucky or happy.  Now go get some gold with that Impulse.  Doubt we'll ever see the final production version...

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

More like contest over once the D2 goes past the Impulse rated submersion depth by about 19 meters.  I like jokes, thanks for making my day by setting that up for me, Clive.

I'm happy you got your unicorn working at last.  Many others not so lucky or happy.  Now go get some gold with that Impulse.  Doubt we'll ever see the final production version...

My pleasure, Chase.  But if the D2 is only doing 10" on targets in salt water- (Dive mode) -why take it in at all?   May as well  just bring your air mattress.  Had I not heard that there would be one on my basement floor at this moment.   Another Anfibio in this respect.  As a land machine it sounds excellent though.

As for the AQ Im not sure if they  conditions I've tried it in are exceptional but believe that a small  coil of  this size (8") will help.  I did have one of Eric's small coils (10") that was pretty good but there was also corrosion on the power jack preventing a fair assessment.  The coil also had problems and he now has it to look over.  

Just getting ready to test the Legend in sat as well.  In that it was  specifically developed to overcome the salt water problems of the Anfibio--guessing that its going to be pretty good. 

Good Luck,

clive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjc said:

My pleasure, Chase.  But if the D2 is only doing 10" on targets in salt water- (Dive mode) -why take it in at all?  Had I not heard that there would be one on my basement floor at this moment.   Another Anfibio in this respect.  As a land machine it sounds excellent though.

cjc 

"Why take it in at all?"  Because you can submerge and detect with it at depths that would kill either of the two machines to which you are referring.  So I would take the 10 inches if my targets were at a depth that required me to submerge the machine deeper than 1 m (Impuslse) to 4 m (Anfibio).   Also, we know what Impulse (Special Edition) is now, not sure we really know what D2 is just yet.  I don't and I have one in my hands but only have relatively few swing hours on it.  I'll believe the 10-inch depth limit on D2 after we get a lot more data points on its performance in Dive mode.   Furthermore, its about 2.5 lbs lighter than the Anfibio and probably deeper than Anfibio in wet salt sand or surf, using the beach modes.  I suspect Legend will beat Anfibio as well under similar beach conditions.  But since this isn't the comparison forum, I'll stop with the D2 promo because all these detectors each probably do something better than the others.  There is no one detector that does it all and does it better than all other detectors.  Impulse is what it is, a deep but temperamental beach PI - it will get the gold if you know how to wield it and know how to keep it from succumbing to the rigors of water detecting.  It will fit the bill for you, Clive, and anyone else with similar target objectives and with similar operating conditions and, above all, skills.  Other detectors in your arsenal will do better for you under different conditions, I'm sure.  Right tool for the job.