If You Are Considering Getting A Deus 2...

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If you sit down and read the warranty terms and conditions of just about any product there is a range of clauses that make them able to avoid doing warranty on just about any fault, take this segment from the Coiltek coils warranty terms and conditions.

" This warranty covers any manufacturing errors like cracks in plastics or performance issues like no response which are from manufacturing faults – usually these are noticeable within the first few hours of use. The warranty does not cover normal use or misuse of the product. For a coil/product to continue to perform well it must be treated with care and not be used in a way that will jar or incur any sudden impact. This sudden impact may result in developing a noisy product. CTM, at its sole discretion, will determine the nature of the returned item and decide whether it is a warranty issue. Each individual case will be reviewed on its own merits "

If they wanted to virtually any coil can have its warranty void by that one paragraph.  The warranty doesn't even cover normal use 🙂

Now this isn't saying Coiltek do a bad warranty, they likely do a good warranty as they're a reputable company, but their warranty terms and conditions would indicate they will never replace a faulty coil unless its DOA.

I am sure XP is not going to void genuine leaks at no fault to the user, they just don't seem that type of business.

But there's a difference between putting in language to create wiggle room for a company to deny what they think is a meritless warranty claim, and putting in language that seemingly excludes an otherwise covered loss.

If you sell a waterproof device and give it a warranty, yet one of the exclusions of the warranty is water damage, it kinda makes you scratch your head.

Instead of saying, "Corrosion of electronic circuits, due to water ingress" XP could have said, "water damage of electronic circuits that are the result of improper use." This gives them plenty of wiggle room to protect them from claims that they suspect are due to misuse (like taking the Deus II deeper than it's supposed to go or forgetting to insert the red plug when going SCUBA diving). But it also makes it clear that if there's a leakage due to a reason that's not the fault of the user, it'll most likely be covered.

My guess is that there was something lost in translation and/or there are other applicable laws that apply to EU member states that don't apply in the US.

• Like 3

HAS ANYONE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE N/M Legend ? I think it is being held up trying to up date to the Deus 11. I am waiting to see how it will compare to the Deus 11 When it comes out. If it is as good at half the price, it will take over. I have very bad hearing and the vibrating part looks good to me. I had the Deus 1 or first, what ever you want to call it. I could not hear signals my friend would get on his. I hope the vibrating part works on deep targets. What dose everyone think of the Legend?  thanks  Dean

2 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

HAS ANYONE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE N/M Legend ?

I was thinking "you must be new here" but now I see you have one of the earliest "Joined" dates I've ever seen.  :biggrin:

Here is the Nokta/Makro subforum where there has been considerable discussion on the Legend.  (Scroll down to see various threads).  The forum you (and now I) posted on has some comparison info, too.

The XP Deus II release has stolen a lot of thunder from the N/M Legend's imminent(?) release.  But the Legend also has some detectorists excited.  Note the Deus II costs twice what the Legend does so expecting or even hoping that the Legend will be as good may be asking too much.  We will know more about both in a couple months -- just in time for the arrival of warm weather detecting season in much of the USA, Europe, and the British Isles.

• Like 1

How much 'more' will one of these detectors find than another?  For those of you with test gardens I guess you can tell the difference.  Thank you for your tests.

When my beaches are producing (which has not been much lately) it is more important when and where you hunt than what detector you have at the time.  I wait for wave energy to move things up on the shore or make cuts.  Most of the good stuff is less than 15 inches deep.  I occasionally find 20 inch cans and other stuff but the sand and waves defeat me on that before I can get it out.

My rings and jewelry beaches produce quite well with the 15 inch coil it seems.  Will one of these other detectors find stuff my Equinox will just not see?  If I have a DII and an MDT and an Eq/15 which one do you use on the beach first and which one last?  (I think I could not adjust to the MDT sound.)

• Like 6

There are some videos with Legend and it looks good. All the testers with the Legend had to send it back because of the upgrades. It's predicted for sale in Feb. The depth looks there compared to the Equinox. Just have to wait and see how it compares to the Deus 2.

35 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I was thinking "you must be new here" but now I see you have one of the earliest "Joined" dates I've ever seen.  :biggrin:

Here is the Nokta/Makro subforum where there has been considerable discussion on the Legend.  (Scroll down to see various threads).  The forum you (and now I) posted on has some comparison info, too.

The XP Deus II release has stolen a lot of thunder from the N/M Legend's imminent(?) release.  But the Legend also has some detectorists excited.  Note the Deus II costs twice what the Legend does so expecting or even hoping that the Legend will be as good may be asking too much.  We will know more about both in a few months -- just in time for the arrival of warm weather detecting season in much of the USA.

I have been here awhile but don,t post much. I think i learn more by just keeping quit than talking much. I really like this forum, alot of good info. Sorry i posted in wrong place. Will keep reading, Thanks  Dean

• Like 1

Dean, keep posting. We like to hear from others what's going on. I'm still debating between the Deus 2 or the Legend. Not enough Legend videos out yet. Going to have to wait awhile for that.

• Like 1

One last item about the Tarsacci that I really like is it's pinpoint ability.  On the beach I would occasionally lose targets because of inaccurate pinpointing on the Nox.  The hole would start collapsing and the target would sink and I had no idea which side of the hole the target was.  I lost faith in the accuracy ot the Nox pinpointing.  With the Tarsacci the pinpoint is accurate and my recovery rate is much higher.  That means alot to me when you are trying to dig a target in the surf wash.  I have not seen the target pinpoint feature demonstrated on the D2 yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

How much 'more' will one of these detectors find than another?  For those of you with test gardens I guess you can tell the difference.  Thank you for your tests.

When my beaches are producing (which has not been much lately) it is more important when and where you hunt than what detector you have at the time.  I wait for wave energy to move things up on the shore or make cuts.  Most of the good stuff is less than 15 inches deep.  I occasionally find 20 inch cans and other stuff but the sand and waves defeat me on that before I can get it out.

My rings and jewelry beaches produce quite well with the 15 inch coil it seems.  Will one of these other detectors find stuff my Equinox will just not see?  If I have a DII and an MDT and an Eq/15 which one do you use on the beach first and which one last?  (I think I could not adjust to the MDT sound.)

You sure got that right. It's the same debate I'm having with myself over and over of late. Conditions and crowds have been bad for a long time. If there aren't any targets , I don't care what detector you use. It's not there. Sure , a few finds here and there but so what. Up and down the coast it is sand , sand , sand. And when we do finally get something major going , I'm gonna use my Pulse anyway. So why bother with a new this or that ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1