If You Are Considering Getting A Deus 2...

2 minutes ago, The_Stalker said:

One last item about the Tarsacci that I really like is it's pinpoint ability.  On the beach I would occasionally lose targets because of inaccurate pinpointing on the Nox.  The hole would start collapsing and the target would sink and I had no idea which side of the hole the target was.  I lost faith in the accuracy ot the Nox pinpointing.  With the Tarsacci the pinpoint is accurate and my recovery rate is much higher.  That means alot to me when you are trying to dig a target in the surf wash.  I have not seen the target pinpoint feature demonstrated on the D2 yet. 

Had the same issue. The 920 scoop solved that. Digging like a madman , not easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

How much 'more' will one of these detectors find than another?

Umm, are you forgetting the 2022 metal detecting mantra??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Let's dispense with the snarky tone and use some common sense.

Was not meant to be snarky at all. Was just pointing that out in case anyone had missed that. Perhaps everyone excited about the Deus II had read it, in that case sorry for being Captain Obvious.

I had gotten interested in the Deus II myself with all the excitement but decided its not for me. Will not bore you with details why but actually had nothing to do with the warranty.

I am new to the forum and have not posted much, but at this point I think I will only be a lurker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

HAS ANYONE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE N/M Legend ? I think it is being held up trying to up date to the Deus 11. I am waiting to see how it will compare to the Deus 11 When it comes out. If it is as good at half the price, it will take over. I have very bad hearing and the vibrating part looks good to me. I had the Deus 1 or first, what ever you want to call it. I could not hear signals my friend would get on his. I hope the vibrating part works on deep targets. What dose everyone think of the Legend?  thanks  Dean

I think the makers of the Legend are re-checking to see if they missed any parts from the Equinox.   [did I just say that] 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The_Stalker said:

On the beach I would occasionally lose targets because of inaccurate pinpointing on the Nox.  The hole would start collapsing and the target would sink and I had no idea which side of the hole the target was.

No, you lost the target because the Nox has a break-down in detection when: The hole fills with water, and the target may get sideways. It is not your fault.

I know, buried a few targets today #%$&$&(*)_(*_$T 

4 minutes ago, Flydog said:

Let's dispense with the snarky tone and use some common sense.

Was not meant to be snarky at all. Was just pointing that out in case anyone had missed that. Perhaps everyone excited about the Deus II had read it, in that case sorry for being Captain Obvious.

I had gotten interested in the Deus II myself with all the excitement but decided its not for me. Will not bore you with details why but actually had nothing to do with the warranty.

I think you tripped to something worth discussing with respect to some ambiguous wording in the warranty.  I was not reacting because I thought that the reason XP had that clause was obvious.  I was reacting specifically to your statement, 

OK it has a 5 year warranty, but if it leaks and causes "corrosion of the electronic circuit" , well kiss that $1,500 good bye.

With that statement, you just went straight to the presumption that a company that is fielding a dive rated detector is going to use that clause to weasel out of its responsibility to deliver a leak proof dive rated detector as advertised.  Which is simply ludicrous because they would effectively be committing unrecoverable business suicide due to the loss of trust from their customer base.  It's either a very cynical take on XP's motivations or nonsense.  

If you instead said, "Hey, I noticed this clause in the warranty regarding "leak induced corrosion of electronics. How does that make sense with a waterproof detector?"  That's at least starting with giving XP the benefit of the doubt that they have some ambiguous language (probably recycled from the old Deus) that should probably be revisited by the company lawyers without presuming they are doing some bait and switch warranty bs on their customers.  And would open a discussion of why those words were in the exceptions clause.

Hope that explains my reaction.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 10:58 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

All I can say is after having a Tarsacci for two years I’d recommend getting the Deus II. While the Tarsacci can be made to perform, there are various things about it that make a lot of people just quietly let it go after giving it a spin. In my case I really did not like the tones, and the inability to adjust them at all. There is what I consider to be a poor menu structure, that makes adjusting the detector an exercise in frustration. In bad ground there is almost no way to quiet spurious high tone false signals without employing undocumented salt balance and notch tricks, which frankly are just workarounds. Getting it tuned properly in different locations requires different tricks, is not easy, and leaves one never 100% confident the detector is set up correctly.

Despite being marketed as a beach detector, the MDT 8000 strikes me more as a ferrous/non-ferrous relic detector. The manufacturer does not even make or supply waterproof headphones for the machine. The 18 month warranty is kind of the nail in the coffin. There are some people who love the MDT 8000, and more power to them, but in my opinion, if given the opportunity to try both, most people would choose the Deus II as the one to keep. I say that having never laid hands on the Deus II, so that might indicate I’ve got pretty strong feelings on that.

Very good observation.  Deus has a crazy good warranty if it all can be done here in the states.  You can dive with it as well.  The MDT is made like a tank though with few repairs to my knowledge and it works in the water very well.  Something at this point we don’t know about the Deus or how well it will hold up to the torque.  I’m with you on those tones.  I’m lucky it runs like an Xcal in PP in the water.  It’s very much like a relic machine.  With the wrap around and just one notch I’d find using it for coin shooting in a park difficult.   

• Like 2