More Finds With Eq800 In El Paso Mountains

AG, that’s a decent chunk of the good stuff…WTG!

13 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

There isn't (or wasn't at the time) a single detector sensitive to every native gold target.

When I took the class I remember Gerry looking at all of the detectors everyone had and he said we'll test with all of the detectors Except a VLF.  He said that all of his gold on the table would be seen by a VLF.

Gerry, did I remember correctly?

• Like 1

Lunk & Gerry..you guys were my instructors and I have a few questions please about the 6000 and EQ800. The 6000 had JUST arrived for the June 2021 class and I saw how much deeper it picked up targets than the EQ. Ist question is about the 6000..it does NOT have discrimination of any kind right? If that is so then where I was detecting in a wash/gully with all sorts of pieces of wire rusted cans trash AND hot rocks..then my EQ would actually perform better than a 6000? I've gone up and down countless 'washes' and they are always loaded with lead and trash...what do you guys running the 6000 do in those cases?

2nd question is have you Gerry and others 'hammered' Rye Patch with 6000's and is there still gold to be found? What other Nevada areas do people have success detecting? I KNOW I KNOW...people are SO closed mouth about areas but not me ..I tell people what areas I have success..I just don't pinpoint them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aerospace guy said:

I've gone up and down countless 'washes' and they are always loaded with lead and trash...what do you guys running the 6000 do in those cases?

We grab our discriminating VLF machines and leave the 6000's in the truck, especially if there is lots of ferrous trash, but even then, you still have to dig the non-ferrous trash like lead, shell casings, aluminum and copper targets, etc. If the majority of the nuggets in an area hit a certain conductivity range, then they can be cherry-picked by just going after targets that fall within that range; you'll leave gold behind that falls outside of that range, but it's a good compromise and increases the gold to trash ratio, which is handy when you don't have much time to detect.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aerospace guy said:

2nd question is have you Gerry and others 'hammered' Rye Patch with 6000's and is there still gold to be found? What other Nevada areas do people have success detecting? I KNOW I KNOW...people are SO closed mouth about areas but not me ..I tell people what areas I have success..I just don't pinpoint them.

The GPX 6000 hasn’t been out long enough yet for Rye Patch to be hammered by it, so yes, nuggets can still be found there with it and other machines, as you witnessed during the training class. Nugget hunters have successfully detected gold at many locations throughout Nevada, many of which are detailed here.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lunk said:

The GPX 6000 hasn’t been out long enough yet for Rye Patch to be hammered by it, so yes, nuggets can still be found there with it and other machines, as you witnessed during the training class. Nugget hunters have successfully detected gold at many locations throughout Nevada, many of which are detailed here.

Maureen G. Johnson made similar reports for USGS in Arizona, Utah and i believe there’s one for California as well.  If you go to the USGS site you can download the map that accompanies the report, there are also other vendors selling the book with maps included. It’s a great resource!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Maureen G. Johnson made similar reports for USGS in Arizona, Utah and i believe there’s one for California as well.  If you go to the USGS site you can download the map that accompanies the report, there are also other vendors selling the book with maps included. It’s a great resource!

Not sure about the entire state of California.  And don't forget New Mexico.  Here is a list of all her books plus some maps.  I suspect she has oodles of journal artices as well.  Prolific writer and someone for whom West and SW USA native gold detectorists should be thankful.

• Like 3