What The Deus Has Taught Me About The Anfibio, So Far

I am test driving a Deus I . I had been enjoying the Full Tone audio in a couple of different scenarios but It wound up on the Detector Unable to Participate (DUP) list over the weekend. So I broke out the Anfibio with the KR 19 sniper coil and hit up the sites that had been planned for the Deus 9” and decided to give  Anfibio 99 Tone a crack at them. I am glad I did. At my last site I applied notching and subsequent notch volume to make for a successful authentically dynamic coin program, easily dialed up on the fly.

At this site I was searching for coins in plenty of small iron and moderate to heavy trash with a tone volume of 4 and notch volume of 1. Discriminating 1-10, notching 11 to 65 and 97-99, using 5 khz everything else stock. It easily located coins, even with the small coil I reached down into 1969 twice. The 9” concentric is next batter up at this site, with this set up.

I have to admit prior to this I had not given 99 Tone a thorough opportunity to show me what it could do I have a new appreciation for the machines capabilities, and dynamic full tone audio is a great corner to occupy in my opinion.

• Like 4

Yes, 99DI is very versatile in a trashy environment using the Notch & Notch volume features. Very quick & fluid. Also pretty EMI resistant & quite deep.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to What The Deus Has Taught Me About The Anfibio, So Far

I wish I had started to work with the 99 Tones prior, looking forward to exploring some more with it. I went back tp the site with the 9" and was limited in access at the location due to tracking. As in well defined boot footprint trails in the crunchy grass. Wild. Before I left I dropped the notch value down to fit the playground targets, and found an old pendent with a race car and wreath wrap on it.

Next up a super (just below the surface) trashy area where I am going to grid with the Deus 9 side by side with the Anfibio KR19. I am a little biased the KR19 on the Anfibio has paid for the detector twice over, but the this is an overload inducing site for the Anfibio so it should be interesting.                                             

I was going to do some kind of comparison in the trash, I found a 65 dime (KR19 relatively deep in tree canopy trash area) with the Anfibio, and a 42 wheat with the Deus at the base of a tree, at different sites instead. You know.

I have learned that the Deus and the Anfibio are in the same general class across park and field with Deus exceeding in processing speed and voice, and Anfibio exceeding in coverage opportunity, coil selection, and audio output attenuation control across tone, VCO, and notch in useful integers.   

There are iron and trash limitations with the Anfibio, but even mid level users are able to pull desirable targets consistently at live sites wherever they may roam. There are absolutely site conditions that limit the Deus coverage here but as a clever tradeoff it is very confident in the iron.

Trailing the Deus behind the Anfibio at Site 6 provided an opportunity to further explore the benefits of Deus processing and vocals. The Anfibio seems to have done a good job of clearing out trash, and multiple silver from this trashiest site on my list. The Dues only picked a silver and a wheat, the Anfibio a subsequent wheat, and as if in a competition or something a quick silver bracelet just around the corner from there. I have no doubt that as I continue to learn the machines they will both continue to pull old coins. This site has a lot of subsurface trash and iron, along with conductive surface objects. The Anfibio overload signal here is normally due to large iron, a little different and less inhibiting than her overloading from sub surface flotillas of pull tabs and bottle caps in picnic areas and other similar conductivity scenarios. The iron at Site 6 that overloads the Anfibio is the same iron that the Deus just casually describes for you.

Starting off metal detecting in earnest with the Anfibio was a learning experience, the Deus has given me feedback on what I learned, and the most important lesson of all I think is that these two machines genuinely complement each other in this part of the world.

• Like 2

I think you have discovered what is for me, a key to detecting success & enjoyment. There is no ONE machine that is perfect for every site, hunting style or person. Each detector I have has strengths & limitations. Learn those, and you can use them to Compliment each other. They are a team, but each has a specialty. I am usually the weak link but I'm working on that as I go along!

• Like 2

I feel fortunate that my first machine has notch volume and tone volume controls. Experience has taught me that some non controllable dynamic output machines can increase tinnitus in one of my ears over time. I can use them but with time limitations. Listener fatigue is another problem with machines that do not allow the user to control audio output volume levels. User controlled tonal and notch volume also provides useful practicality in discerning targets.

Scout Audio Program:

Anfibio KR24: 9.5 x 5 coil

Two Tone Mode (VCO Audio btw)

Discrimination: 0

Notch volume: 1 (Notching 1-21) (The floor volume)

Tone Break: 79 (you can adjust it if you do not want to break around clad dimes and pennies) that breakage is an alert signal in a useful area proceeding the silver range .

Tone 1 = volume: 2 (users tonal preference) or a Low tone

Tone 2 = volume: 5 (users tonal preference) or a High Tone

14 Khz

Gain: 79

This two tone program essentially becomes a 3 tone program with dynamic audio output.  Once a site has told me a little about herself, I may take notch volume to 0 and Tone 1 volume to 1 where I can still hear targets in the 22-79 range and investigate them further as needed. The advantage is obviously for silver where the volume weighted high tones can help scrutinize some iffy signals.

This is not just a silver picker program. It provides enough volume even on a windy day from the headphones to scrutinize signals in the attenuated iron and mid conductors, and it also does a good job of identifying rusty bottle caps.

A new (to me) site that is surely no virgin with this program kept the Deus in the truck and produced 5 wheats and a silver on a Friday evening hunt. Do not fret, the Deus and Simplex will eventually get opportunities to try and clean up after the Anfibio here.

I use notch audio on my MK in 4 tone as it doesn't have a 99 tone but still incredibly effective for coin shooting at campsites.

There is a post somewheres that shows my notch pattern I use using the Normal scale so you can swap frequencies and not shift the breaks.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, kac said:

I use notch audio on my MK in 4 tone as it doesn't have a 99 tone but still incredibly effective for coin shooting at campsites.

There is a post somewheres that shows my notch pattern I use using the Normal scale so you can swap frequencies and not shift the breaks.

I really like how easy it is on the MK to usefully cycle through various settings and options to check out questionable targets.

• Like 1

The Regular Deus (RD) has found a neat relic, a silver ring, and some coins in limited time in locations previously unsearched by me using Sonar and Sifter concepts primarily. We are liking the Deep as well. The Deus tracking the Anfibio at Site 7 provided an advanced description of how trashy the site really is (a stand alone advantage), but RD 9" in only retrieving two coins also pointed out how well the Anfibio KR24 has performed at the site.

The Anfibio said damn straight, now take off those uncomfortable HP lets run a wide open pitch concept and attenuate the volume output of notched TID  0-25 in 99 Tone and track our compadre, RD. The applied concepts were obvious in the quick acuity with a minor adjustment to reduce swing speed. At that point even if no new desirable targets would have been found I could say that at least for me the shared wealth of knowledge about the Deus and practical time with the machine have been worthwhile, and then as if in agreement the Anfibio rustled up and netted two more old coins with the selected pitch audio in the setting sun at the pressured site.

• Like 1