What The Deus Has Taught Me About The Anfibio, So Far

I failed to mention bottle cap rejection. Anfibio has it. It is called the 9" concentric coil, time after time it calls out bottle caps with an accurate signal fluctuation of the TID. That is a sweet sweet coil in some site conditions. A silver magnet especially in consistent strata, if there is silver to be had.

Another fairly easy test is lifting the coil looking for abrupt signal attenuation to indicate it is not a bottle cap, if the signal extends when you raise the coil it is likely junk. Anfibio seems better at that for me than the Deus in general, however the Deus is more accurate with multple targets under the coil. You seem to have more detailed info on each target under the coil, therefore better discernment of whether your desirable co-located target drops off. The Deus on the other hand seems better at revealing a junk tail as you back the coil away from the target. As long as there is not adjacent targets to interfere with the signal as the coil departs the original target response area, and the target is not at the edge of detection range.

Anfibio also gives accurate target size information when pin pointing, and I am finding 99 Tone to be a pay streak of target information. You want to get started with the Anfibio, learn to use 3 Tone and 99 Tone with available coils smaller than the stock 11". The depth advantage of the Anfibio is a catalyst for the small coil operation success to a significant degree in my opinion. In depth the Anfibio/Multikruzer small coil options advantage has been overlooked by the market in my opinion. The historic detector release timeline pre-empted nailing down some of that functional discovery by the general market place in my opinion.

Speaking of pin pointing I want to talk a little about Merrill: Detecting NYC. Merrill is right up there with Jeremy Paystreak Superfreak as far as top shelf content that I subscribe to. They both offer conceptual and practical information that is very very helpful, and are both are entertaining (smile inducing) to boot. I want to mention Merrill digging unwanted iron junk (like nails) with Nox. The Anfibio is not immune to that but with a iron target composition of something like a nail, the pin point function can be used to accurately by an experienced user, to determine that it is junk. With discipline and practice, once after you pin point the signal, if the signal moves from the original pin point location you may as well move on, to avoid the disappointment of digging junk iron. 

• Like 2