New Vídeo On The Aqua Manta

• The title was changed to New Vídeo On The Aqua Manta

That would have been a good opportunity to show depth potential. I don't understand why he is moving the targets so fast. I would love to know what he is saying.

Hey Badger!

This video is about target acquisition. He is using two iron nails and a small gold nugget for demonstration.

First, he is showing how fast the detector reacts to a target. Secondly he activates "Iron Bias - iron signal filtering-" and the machine only reacts to the gold nugget.

It looks promising!! Apparently Alexandre Tartar has not drop the ball yet 🙂 .

Anyway, I only found out about AQUA about 4 months ago so don´t feel (has much) the frustration of our fellow aficionados.

My expectation is for the gold prospecting model !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bklein said:

So this is only with a new design not released yet?

A land unit or will beach unit work the same (now, or only new model)?

The detector looks like the not yet released AQ with the batteries that drop in the tube. I would like to know what settings are used for the video. Would also like to know why the face plate still shows the same delay settings as the AQ LTD version when it has been said the longest delay setting is longer than what is on the face plate (I think it is 15 uSec and not 11.5).

It any case; I can set the AQ LTD to not see nails like that and still hit on gold like the video shows ... just have to be careful as the more that is being rejected starts to push into the range of the big pig gold ring, although I don't have any that are really huge pigs to test with.

• Like 1

Were you guys able to see a nugget rubber-banded to the shaft? I’ll take your word for it. By listening to the background noise it seems if any iron shows up under the coil it mutes the audio out.  I think he neglected to stick the nail under the rubber band with the nugget though - which is the big deal that started all this.  I mean some GPX’s give you a honk if its iron - not sure if it only works with a DD coil. The CTX will give you a unique tone but many targets have a secondary content that falls in the “good” target range so its up to you if you want to dig it.  If you mask the iron you still get the secondary target indication.  Majority of the time these are junk but....  Gold though would usually be an overwhelming wonderful sound.  Been a long time.

There are other videos that show gold under the nails, it detects the gold under the nails in mute mode very clearly with strong signal. I spent some time looking for one of those videos but am not finding one at the moment.

The tricky part of setting it up is if the trash is twisted wire mesh pieces that are difficult, well closer to impossible, to get to go away with the AQ and the tone sound is mixed ... still hard to weed out gold from that ugly trash scenario. Working in that kind of trash becomes a dig it all or walk away from it scenario.  I'm speaking of the AQ LTD version; only version I have.

Most detectors will identify a gold ring with a nail sitting on top of it. What they can't do is pick up gold that is a few inches below the nail.

• Like 1

Testing I've learned a lot. The AQ can pick up a 1 gram gold ring directly under the big golf ball size chunk of Iron shown in the picture below, then up to about 8-9 inches under all pictured. After that it fades to the point it would be something you would not stop for..Interesting gold wedding bands from 2 grams to 4 seem to show the best results,,,at 5 grams, then 6 grams does not hit as hard...but depth does improve... And this is air testing.. I do have video but unfortunately I can not share for it shows the machine...

I do have video I can share of a crab pot wire, 1 to 2 inch piece above the hole that I dropped a 6 gram gold ring in.. conditions can be so different at every spot it's just a matter of hitting all at the right time, surroundings and settings..(this video is the Limited model)

I've got 35 gold with the AQ's so far. 4 ..if I remember correct were found in the mute mode, and after playing around with the AQ, I think tones maybe the best mode if using the disc side. 

Testing looks very impressive with the AQ but once you get it out in the wild, you really have to be in the right spot for all to work as it tested, which is rare and It is the reason I say....  buy it as a PI... 

20210807_171220.jpg

20210807_172941_HDR.jpg

• Like 4