The Next Legend Update Explaining The Delays In Release

phrunt

For me I wish they would have some product ready to ship, when announced. That way we know it's a done deal and not some "almost ready - coming soon"  bull#@%# line. If some people get their order in, then others will put aside money for it. Wait too long and that money gets spent somewhere else. Put the detector in YouTube's hands and let the show start 😄 At least the complaints will be toward the videos and not the manufacturers or dealers. 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

If you look at the masses of complaints across Facebook...

'Masses' and 'Facebook' -- isn't that redundant?  😄  Just one of the many reasons to appreciate the high level of information here on DetectorProspector.com.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's only a delay as they made it a delay, that's been my point, revealing too much information and engaging too much with the customers hasn't worked out so well this time.  It's also caused personal verbal attacks on Dilek where people have been outright mean which is just not acceptable.  We seem to live in a world where people must have everything now, so when they announced it people wanted it in their hands, as time went by anger built people didn't have it.   The good bit about this for Nokta is what company doesn't want people so desperately wanting their product they get angry they can't have it?

I'm sure there was a lot learnt with this release and mistakes won't be repeated.

For all we know the Deus 2 could have been delayed by a year or more, they only let us know it existed when it was a completed product ready to market, even then it had logistics delays but who doesn't now? We expect that 🙂

We are right at the pointy end of the Legend release now, and its great even at this point they're doing improvements, and with Nokta's track record there will be many more improvements to come after its release, not just fixes for bugs but more actual improvements.  I just really hope Nel and or Detech end up being able to make coils for it, that's my decision maker.

Nokta said they would target shipping in December. With changes being made in software and possibly hardware on the testers machines (screens menus), I feel confident they will be shipping very soon. Worst case February and that's only a delay of 3 months compared to Minelab's 6+ month delay. Nokta is doing this right IMHO!!

6 hours ago, mudwhale said:

Nokta said they would target shipping in December. With changes being made in software and possibly hardware on the testers machines (screens menus), I feel confident they will be shipping very soon. Worst case February and that's only a delay of 3 months compared to Minelab's 6+ month delay. Nokta is doing this right IMHO!!

One could argue Minelab was first to release the multi frequency detector in January 2018 so a delay of 6 months isn't that big of a deal when you consider the next to come to the party with one was what 3 years later with the Apex? and now Nokta about 4 years later after announcing it a couple of years ago with their naming contest?

My definition of right and yours are very different it seems.

• Like 1

I for one appreciate the directness of Nokta Makro in communicating with serious detectorist to field the best possible products, considering AND acting on realistic suggestions & updates on developments. Any one passionate about this should consider the introduction & evolution of the Simplex. The long thread on Tom Dankowski's forum about the field test development of the Impact should also be read & considered.  Nokta Makro has shown in the past they are serious in meaning what they say. I'm looking forward to a very capable detector in The Legend. Facebook critics will not be out hunting with me.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's only a delay as they made it a delay, that's been my point, revealing too much information and engaging too much with the customers hasn't worked out so well this time.  It's also caused personal verbal attacks on Dilek where people have been outright mean which is just not acceptable.  We seem to live in a world where people must have everything now, so when they announced it people wanted it in their hands, as time went by anger built people didn't have it.   The good bit about this for Nokta is what company doesn't want people so desperately wanting their product they get angry they can't have it?

I'm sure there was a lot learnt with this release and mistakes won't be repeated.

For all we know the Deus 2 could have been delayed by a year or more, they only let us know it existed when it was a completed product ready to market, even then it had logistics delays but who doesn't now? We expect that 🙂

We are right at the pointy end of the Legend release now, and its great even at this point they're doing improvements, and with Nokta's track record there will be many more improvements to come after its release, not just fixes for bugs but more actual improvements.  I just really hope Nel and or Detech end up being able to make coils for it, that's my decision maker.

4 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello there.... wanted to chime in here because you keep on bringing the name contest we did a few years ago. 

And I want members not to be misled with your comments. 

Now, first off, when we first said we were going to work on an SMF device, we never said when it would be released and that it was just a  concept/project. We clearly referred to it as our FUTURE product. We held a naming contest of which the main purpose was to get people's input NOT on the name only BUT  the features and specs! Anybody who applied and filled the form back then can confirm that!

Second, R&D and engineering - if you are serious about it - may take years, if you didn't know. 

The only time we mentioned a release date on this product was November 19th 2021 at the launch and even then I said we are ''hoping'' to start shipments in December. Now, we never asked any END-USER to go ahead and purchase this product as we do not sell to end-users directly. Some dealers take orders and make the customers pay, some do not. This is a decision made by distributors/dealers and the end-users. We do NOT get involved in that at all. 

We as a manufacturer try our best to keep everybody informed and try to be as transparent as possible. And regardless of what people say, we will ship this product when all the updates are done as our priority is not to start making money earlier but to put the best unit possible in the customers' hands. 

People put down a lot more money on a car or many other electronics and wait for months to get it and I seriously do not see any manufacturer caring about end users and talking to them directly to give an update. It is seriously very disappointing when we try our best to communicate and interact and at the end hear so much complaint. 

Hope this clears it for the rest of the members who did not know about the background of this product and the naming contest. 

THANK YOU!

Nokta Detectors,

Phrunt means well (as do many others), and is defending your decision to naysayers, I'm sure! 

Everyone does with what information they have to work with at the time, so some assumptions will have room to be made when all the facts aren't presented in a complete format, as you have now given us!

Thanks for the summation, and we will all try and be more cognizant of what we all say!😁👍👍

• Like 2

Hey Dilek the one who bitch the most will be the first to buy.

Lady do what you can when you can that’s all we ask!

Dilek you just have a great day and we thank you. 
Why ? Because you are the only Rep. from a detector company that comes on here and talk with us direct.

Chuck 

Thank you for your perspective, clearing that up and taking the time to reply to me Dilek,  I had never seen this information you've mentioned in your reply before as my only source for information on the naming contest was information from this forum, at the time I wasn't using any other form of social media to get updates from and the last update you gave on it was here and the Nokta website never gave any indication of time frames either, nor did it on the naming contest page.

307969003_noktadetectors.jpg.914e5753c452997dc47fd917a808b50d.jpg

This post above certainly gave me the impression the detector might be ready in 2020 or at the latest 2021 but I guess as there was no clear answer it was up to peoples imagination.  I guess my point has been the naming contest was perhaps a bit early.

This thread was my only source for information on this naming contest.

It's easy to see by reading that thread how one could assume the detector isn't too far off, it was never mentioned that it was years away. 

Either way, I'm very glad that it is finally about to hit the market, and what a wonderful achievement for Nokta to cross the line with a detector that rivals or even exceeds the current market leader with the latest multi frequency technology, something many of the old established manufacturers couldn't achieve.  I can imagine it was even harder to achieve with the competition putting patents on their method so even if that method was also invented by Nokta with no knowledge of their methods prior to discovering it couldn't be used.

Fortunately my local dealer isn't the type to take peoples money without giving them a product, so his list is nothing more than a list of people interested.  I was once on that list, now I'm off the list because I've decided to wait and see which of the two new detectors if any coming to market to incorporate into my current fleet if any of them add something I don't have but need.

If you'd be so kind Dilek I have another question that's remained unanswered no matter how often I've asked it, is there anything on Nokta's end that has prevented Nel from making coils for the Simplex? I bought a Simplex largely due to Nel putting on their website they were making Simplex coils soon, it never happened so now it's a decoration in my cupboard. 

My decision on a Legend is largely around if I Nel and possibly Detech would be making coils for it, and if Nokta has done something to make this difficult or impossible to happen like the competition has done to their detectors then this would be a problem for me unless of course Nokta make a version of the coil I'd most need for it which is a solid epoxy filled 6.5x3.5" elliptical, the Nel Snake.

I am also hoping you manage to get that Gold Prospecting PI to market that you've mentioned is in the pipeline here a few years ago.  My fingers have been crossed so long on that one they're starting to hurt 🙂

• Like 4

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thank you for your perspective, clearing that up and taking the time to reply to me Dilek,  I had never seen this information you've mentioned in your reply before as my only source for information on the naming contest was information from this forum, at the time I wasn't using any other form of social media to get updates from and the last update you gave on it was here and the Nokta website never gave any indication of time frames either, nor did it on the naming contest page.

307969003_noktadetectors.jpg.914e5753c452997dc47fd917a808b50d.jpg

This post above certainly gave me the impression the detector might be ready in 2020 or at the latest 2021 but I guess as there was no clear answer it was up to peoples imagination.  I guess my point has been the naming contest was perhaps a bit early.

This thread was my only source for information on this naming contest.

It's easy to see by reading that thread how one could assume the detector isn't too far off, it was never mentioned that it was years away. 

Either way, I'm very glad that it is finally about to hit the market, and what a wonderful achievement for Nokta to cross the line with a detector that rivals or even exceeds the current market leader with the latest multi frequency technology, something many of the old established manufacturers couldn't achieve.  I can imagine it was even harder to achieve with the competition putting patents on their method so even if that method was also invented by Nokta with no knowledge of their methods prior to discovering it couldn't be used.

Fortunately my local dealer isn't the type to take peoples money without giving them a product, so his list is nothing more than a list of people interested.  I was once on that list, now I'm off the list because I've decided to wait and see which of the two new detectors if any coming to market to incorporate into my current fleet if any of them add something I don't have but need.

If you'd be so kind Dilek I have another question that's remained unanswered no matter how often I've asked it, is there anything on Nokta's end that has prevented Nel from making coils for the Simplex? I bought a Simplex largely due to Nel putting on their website they were making Simplex coils soon, it never happened so now it's a decoration in my cupboard. 

My decision on a Legend is largely around if I Nel and possibly Detech would be making coils for it, and if Nokta has done something to make this difficult or impossible to happen like the competition has done to their detectors then this would be a problem for me unless of course Nokta make a version of the coil I'd most need for it which is a solid epoxy filled 6.5x3.5" elliptical, the Nel Snake.

I am also hoping you manage to get that Gold Prospecting PI to market that you've mentioned is in the pipeline here a few years ago.  My fingers have been crossed so long on that one they're starting to hurt 🙂

Thank you!! 

To answer your question, we are open to collaborating with any third party as long as it makes sense for both parties.

Detech approached us for making coils for the Simplex and we welcomed it and worked together on their coils. 

Now, I know NEL announced coils for the Simplex+. However, they could not technically manufacture coils for the Simplex+ unless they bought certain parts from us. I personally sent them a message via the distributor and told them we were open to collaboration. Last thing I heard was they were going to get back to me with a proposal but they never did. I asked one last time and never got a response and I do not know the reason why... and this was back in January 2021. 

PI - still in the works.... the project was pushed back a bit because of other projects taking the priority but it is back on full speed...will not even give you an estimate on the release date for the obvious reasons:-) 

THANK YOU!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1