Performance Difference Between A 6000/di Series 3 And A 5900 Pro Plus (blue Box)? Is The 6000 Xl Pro Better?

Trench1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Definitely one of White’s finest machines……I got mine from an awesome chap on this forum 👍

It is still in mint condition but because most of my detecting is beach/water and prospecting, the XL Pro doesn’t get used much.

She comes with four mint coils as well (managed to buy a second Royal 800 coil locally).

Tony

E02A83CB-0787-48F9-A85F-645EEB60DFEA.jpeg

That is a beautiful machine Tony! Is the orange item next to the detector the battery compartment that slides in the back? It is quite different from what I have seen with this unit. I assume this might be a special Australian design for a specific battery type. I'm very curious about that, so please educate me on this. Send me a direct message if you ever decide to sell this beauty. Nice pics and set up!

The orange battery case is a third party 3D printed case that holds 3 x 18650 Lithium cells. No need to spend $$ on AA batteries and the run time on Lithium cells is just massive 👍

I will let you know if ever I decide to sell her…….it would be a sad day for me.

I have to thank “Karelian” who kindly sold it to me…..he has one as well in as good a condition.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trench1 said:

On your list... the Whites XL Pro is the only detector I have not tried yet. I've always thought it would be the perfect marriage of the Whites Classic ID and the 6000 Series. Seems like a hard to find/buy detector. Thanks for the comment.

Yes they are hard to find white's went out of business I've had sense the 80s it is very accurate on the I'd meter I love it 

• 7 months later...

I still got  a brand new never used Blue Box 5900 Pro, The person I bought it from bought it New and put it away pretty much like I have and It is still unused and they are extremely power for a VLF, and it has some good tricks up it's sleeve, You can ground balance out hot rocks or anything magnetic to where you get a slight whooshing sound and with a bit of fine Tuning you can make them Vanish,

They are more powerful than anything we have today where what a modern machine can do with a 15/18" coil it will do it with the 950 coil so heaven knows what it will do with a 15" concentric fitted,

The way we detech nower days you have either got to be power hungry to want the Blue box 5900 or have a spacific task for it to perform.

5900DI 5.jpg

5900DI 6.jpg

5900DI 2.jpg

5900DI 1.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:20 AM, karelian said:

I still use the XL Pro, having used a 6000 series 2 in the past. The XL Pro  is lighter, uses a better battery system and I suspect has more gain, more than GEB MAX mode which is not missed. The SAT mode allows better performance in mineralised ground and runs a smooth audio. I like to use SAT with a slow to medium sweep and the meter to disc. The option of disc with faster sweep speed and good depth is there when needed. The Pro has auto ground balance and runs smoothly under most conditions if you are an experienced user. Many folks prefer the older models manual ground balance. Lots of options which make for a very versatile machine. Ideal of sports grounds and open fields, in disc it loves a snappy swing and covers ground fast. You can also set it up for low and slow, again lots of control for different circumstances.  Depth is very good, most of the mentioned machines match each other for depth. Ergonomics, balance and weight favour the XL Pro as does the battery tray for AA cells. That big meter is a joy to use and look at.  Again performance or depth with the machines mentioned is near identical, swing what gives you the most pleasure or fun. That smooth audio hum is a thing of beauty, makes for a pleasant hunt. All the best.

whitey's "dead nuts" accurate meter made for a very enjoyable hunt. the "black max" 5.3 concentric coil
was excellent in the trash. it seems that when that meter "locked up" on high penny, or dime, along with the nice "smooth" hit
ya always had silver. I would buy another one in a new York minute,IF I could find one for "short money!" the 4 pole design went deep, and was excellent for covering open sports fields, and other wide open parks. one of whitey's best!

(h.h.!)
j.t.