What's Wrong With The 3 Beach Programs???

Skull diver

I casually found this video and the results are actually confusing me...A lot🤐.

Nothing to say for most of the programs but look what a difference on gold signals  when in diving/beach and beach sens 😬.

Not to mention the higher vdi reading (twice) when in mono 17Khz...

Please, can someone explain what I'm seeing?

• Like 1

I look forward to hearing how people go finding nuggets with it once some forum members get their hands on it.  Not sure if I should be excited or not after watching those videos, probably not.

Some of the audio on it sounds very familiar.

• Like 1

The Deus 2 even in its FMF 14 kHz diving mode and with salt sensitivity settings above 0, will actually hit a .35 gram nugget in an air test in bad EMI. Not bad at all. Great depth....not particularly but air testing SMFs for depth is kind of pointless.  In EMI like that, it is impossible to really get a good idea of what Deus 2 on a .35 gram nugget in Gold Field or its other 40 kHz programs without threshold/reactivity adjustments will do. Add in iron mineralization..........who knows. EMI just cuts high gain SMF tech detectors like the Deus 2 and Equinox off at the knees sometimes when it is really bad.

• Like 3

A little update on the subject and......The software....

Staying to the translation, the guy said that the software in use was the factory preset 0.5.

He will repeat the test with the 0.6 version.

Hopefully this is only a fear for me....for the 5th machine that i hope to be the unbeatable choice.Finally.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:03 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

The Deus 2 even in its FMF 14 kHz diving mode and with salt sensitivity settings above 0, will actually hit a .35 gram nugget in an air test in bad EMI. Not bad at all. Great depth....not particularly but air testing SMFs for depth is kind of pointless.  In EMI like that, it is impossible to really get a good idea of what Deus 2 on a .35 gram nugget in Gold Field or its other 40 kHz programs without threshold/reactivity adjustments will do. Add in iron mineralization..........who knows. EMI just cuts high gain SMF tech detectors like the Deus 2 and Equinox off at the knees sometimes when it is really bad.

Deus 1 and probably Deus 2 has some sort of automatic EMI mitigation. I stumbled upon this when comparing depth in a parc vs a Fisher F75. The Fisher was EMI falsing like mad, needed to be turned down in sensitivity to be able to hunt. The Deus 1 continued to function fairly quietly at the preset sensitivity.

So from that point forward, I was fully aware that on a Deus platform. Full throttle ahead isn’t absolute, but rather full throttle as per the situation at hand.

Not to worry though,... my first test-drive with the Deus 2 was in a very low EMI area. A detector I know very well was able to run at max sensitivity previously. And I had to drop sensitivity otherwise I was digging finger nail clippings on the Deus 2.

In my basement the Deus 2 is as quiet as a mouse. Wifi routers, electricals, wireless everything and then some. It still is able to provide a repeatable signal on a test target.

Therefor I presume that sensitivity on the Deus 2 isn’t absolute, but relative. And results are awesome, but relative as well. An easy going design which will astonish and confuse at the same time.

But the name says it all, it’s a Deus and has devine powers we mere mortals can only presume to understand 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Jeff nailed it.  Been hunting beaches for a fair number of years and have been using the D2 exclusively since it came out.  Jeff nailed it.

just the view from my beachy foxhole….

• Like 2

Beach and beach sensitive work extremely well here in Virginia not only in and out of the salt water but have also found buttons on land from the war of 1812.

i have not used the dive program though as the others search in the frequencies I am most interested in.

• Like 1