Another Day.. Another Flask?

Although I didn't find these flasks with a metal detector, I did find them whilst metal detecting.. So I'm claiming them as part as my hoard! 😁

20150221_102022.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Did the third one from the left have anything in it?

Sadly it was empty.. probably why they lost it.. 😳 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think that flask may have slipped out of my pocket haha 🥃

So what's the ruie for repurposing these in a Covid world?  If it wasn't sketchy before, is it now?  🤔

Just asking for a friend...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

So what's the ruie for repurposing these in a Covid world?

It is a bit of a dilemma.. Even though I sterilised them with boiling water as soon as I got home, I won't be drinking from them.. I even washed my hands after handling them.. This might seem a bit over the top but since my son caught Covid I've been extra careful.. Strange days indeed.. 😳 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

It is a bit of a dilemma.. Even though I sterilised them with boiling water as soon as I got home, I won't be drinking from them.. I even washed my hands after handling them..

That process should work fine for most of them, but the 3rd one from the left requires you to fill with some scotch then let stand for 30 minutes and then drink it. You must finish the whole container to make sure that it is 100% usable again.

Nice collection and some may be able to be used for guests.

• Haha 3

Those are supposed to be the game changer for environment health.🤣

I don't know if aluminium can be safer than plastic, unless people change the attitude to leave trash and things anywhere.

• Like 4

On 1/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

I don't know if aluminium can be safer than plastic, unless people change the attitude to leave trash and things anywhere.

It's funny how many water bottles I have collected from trade shows and other events. Everyone want's to give you one, aluminum, plastic, even glass, I can't give them away fast enough, even family members are like "no  thanks, we're good" haha  The only [new] ones I keep now are things like Yeti's or something cool/clever.   If I found a Yeti in good shape, I'd probably autoclave it and call it a day 🙂

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 2:01 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

You can change the material/utensil but you just CAN"T change the human condition. All the thoughtful people pick up all the other non self aware humans junk. Most just can't get out of their own way.

• Like 2