What Was The Name Of The Metal Detecting Tv Show . . .

. . . where two guys wandered around the USA detecting relics and coins? They used Garrett's AT detectors I think back. They would locate/research historical homes and other locations of interest, then ask for permission to hunt. There was a different story every week I think.

I always thought that historic wagon train trails would cough-up great finds. I would assume one could travel the same pathway, either by road or off-round, with proper research and planning.

I would like watch those shows again.

Billy

• Like 2

Hi Billy, was it “Diggers” by National Geographic?

I haven’t seen it, but it sounds interesting from the online description.

• Like 3

Wanted to watch Dig Fellas, but it's not available anywhere.  The detecting program from the UK was great, although it was fictional. 

15 hours ago, GrievousAngel said:

I always thought that historic wagon train trails would cough-up great finds.

I'm sure some parts have been detected.  You still have all the typical difficulties of permissions, protections, destructive modernization,...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GrievousAngel said:

I always thought that historic wagon train trails would cough-up great finds. I would assume one could travel the same pathway, either by road or off-round, with proper research and planning.....

I do not think it's worthwhile to just wander any old "historic wagon train trail".   Instead, you want to hunt where they stopped at nights.   Eg.:  The recurring stopping spots (since each passing wagon/group would tend to re-use the same spots, over and over).   Eg.:  Like stage stops, springs, trading posts, etc......

• Like 3

There's several spots in Wyo where the old trail(s) are still very visible and not the touristy type spots.  Seen a few of these locations NE of Fontanelle Res. while working the oil patch.  Agree with Tom tho...long shot at best, look for the spots where they congregated along the way.......

9 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

I do not think it's worthwhile to just wander any old "historic wagon train trail".   Instead, you want to hunt where they stopped at nights.   Eg.:  The recurring stopping spots (since each passing wagon/group would tend to re-use the same spots, over and over).   Eg.:  Like stage stops, springs, trading posts, etc......

Right. You must research and plan.