Creek Hunt Silver

Dan(NM)

3 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

Good job on the silver. That looked like it was some work swinging that bank!

Thank you. the worst part is the mud, it's a sticky gooey mess lol, clings to everything.

• Like 1

That's taking advantage of a window of opportunity!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Dan, that DEFINITELY doesn't look like it was an "easy" hunt, LOL, but you were nicely rewarded!

Congrats!

Steve

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Creek Hunt Silver

Dan,

Great hunt and some nice finds on the silver.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

From the looks of two of those dimes, the water+soil combo is no friend to 90% silver.  And obviously worse on the 95% copper as that middle Wheatie is worse than burnt toast.

I'll stick with the dry land, although the ease of hunting that means I have more competition.  I'm not a gold jewelry detectorist but due to gold's chemical inertness (at least until it's mixed with too much copper), not to mention its high bullion value, I realize that's what you water hunters (salt and apparently fresh) are really after, anyway.

Not intending to demean your efforts, Dan.  Even that toasted silver retains its bullion value, but I get more excited seeing your numismatic valued finds and except in the worst soils you've apparently got a better chance for those in the dry, as I'm sure you know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

From the looks of two of those dimes, the water+soil combo is no friend to 90% silver.  And obviously worse on the 95% copper as that middle Wheatie is worse than burnt toast.

I'll stick with the dry land, although the ease of hunting that means I have more competition.  I'm not a gold jewelry detectorist but due to gold's chemical inertness (at least until it's mixed with too much copper), not to mention its high bullion value, I realize that's what you water hunters (salt and apparently fresh) are really after, anyway.

Not intending to demean your efforts, Dan.  Even that toasted silver retains its bullion value, but I get more excited seeing your numismatic valued finds and except in the worst soils you've apparently got a better chance for those in the dry, as I'm sure you know.

I'm not a big water hunter, although I do own a Nemo by Blu3 and will go into a lake or a river if it looks like a popular swimming hole. I'd rather hunt exposed dirt next to water because it's so much easier to retrieve the targets. These are the worst looking coins Ive dug since I've been in Texas. I think some farm lands drain into the creek and it could be the chemicals. This is not a place I'd go into the water lol. I do plan on keeping tabs on the water level for obvious reasons.

• Like 1