XP Deus 2: Quick Depth Test

Ogliuga

Made a quick depth test video some days ago. Sorry for the bad quality and for my poor english. First part is in italian and second part in english from 1:34. Soil is very low mineralized and put 50 euro cent coin on the bottom of a 14” hole. Deus 2 and 11” coil. It was the very first time I turned Deus 2 on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHU4tTVSLI

• Like 1

Just for US/Canadian reference, the coin being used is a 50 cent Euro coin which is roughly the size of a Canadian Looney or a US Sacagewea $1 coin and weighs similarly.....7.8 grams, or a very big coin.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Just for US/Canadian reference, the coin being used is a 50 cent Euro coin which is roughly the size of a Canadian Looney or a US Sacagewea $1 coin and weighs similarly.....7.8 grams, or a very big coin.

Yes, you’re right. This morning I checked online size of a nickle which is 21,21mm (diameter) and 1,95 (thickness) while 50 euro cent coin is 24,25mm in diameter and 2,38 in thickness.  Material of these coins is “nordic gold”, a type of brass. I always use that coin in tests like this but it maybe would be better with a 20 cent coin because it’s much similar to a nickle, talking about dimension..

Your choice of coin to test was totally fine. Not many people here in North America that metal detect would know what a .50 Euro coin is like. I just wanted to give people here a frame of reference.

• Like 3

You did well! I always watch detector tests videos from USA on the tube  and noticed that nickle is a very used coin in depth test but also in iron masking ones. I’d like to arrange a Monte’s nail board and think i’ll use a 20 cent coin. I’ll keep you updated..

9 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I found a couple 50 cent Euros in the  U. S.I think  it's a cool coin.

13 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Made a quick depth test video some days ago. Sorry for the bad quality and for my poor english. First part is in italian and second part in english from 1:34. Soil is very low mineralized and put 50 euro cent coin on the bottom of a 14” hole. Deus 2 and 11” coil. It was the very first time I turned Deus 2 on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHU4tTVSLI

Thanks for the video!   Your English is very good.  

• The title was changed to XP Deus 2: Quick Depth Test