Aaron’s Tarsacci Videos Marked Private

11 hours ago, steveg said:

Carolina,

I've been told something similar, but I'm trying to follow up for more information.

Steve

I’m not sure if the new machines now come with these tones or not. He was not clear on that but I ( don’t quote me !!! ) think he said yes. We text back and forth which he does not prefer as it is easier for him to speak English rather than type. I did ask him lastly, could he remove my board and replace with a new one, at a cost savings to me ? He did not answer. I gather he has been bombarded with text. I should say I guess he has been bombarded with text.  

Carolina, I am still working this issue; I don't think there's going to be a favorable answer, but I'm trying.

Yes, I will try to see if he can replace my board, as well, if it comes down to it.  I can't BELIEVE, though, that adjusting the frequencies of the tones is such that it would require replacement of a circuit board.  I would think that it HAS to be done in software, not hardware, and that some sort of "re-flashing" should be able to accomplish it...but I'm not an electronics expert, so...

Steve

• Like 1

So I'm not sure if, it's My hearing but I couldn't get anything  from the Video  that would make me feel the need to retool.  Perhaps a longer video sample would change my mine.      The biggest gripe I have with the Tarsacci is my inability to put it's coil  on more good stuff.     Course, that's exactly the problem with my other detectors.    Joking of course.      I will say this the Tarsacci in its best environment for me (salt water,sand) is my go to machine, bar none.

1 hour ago, steveg said:

OK, so -- no changes of tone will be available/possible, unfortunately...

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000 (dankowskidetectors.com)

Steve

I guess he has a boat load of existing chips he does not wish to take a loss on. Really sad to know such better audio response is possible.

Carolina  

The sad thing is with all the advancements we see coming out in new detectors at half the price and you don’t keep up you could advance to the rear of no sales.

I can’t say I’ll buy another Tarsacci but I do know the one I got is not going anywhere. In fact I need to call Steve being I want to order the stock coil. 
Chuck 

• Like 2

I think this shows Dimitar is working on suggested improvements for the next generation of MDT.

Ridge Runner,

I'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Steve

• Thanks 1

Wonder how Dimitar got the new tones so right?  In order to adjust the tones this way   I would think he had to have more information than someone calling up and explaning they  have a hearing problem .    I mean what if the new tones didn't help the person ?    That would be a lot of work to go down a dead end.     I can't imagine myself calling Dimitar up and asking him to modify his tones to suit my hearing.    And than opening a basket of worms causing a demand for new tones.  Oh, I know I gotta be missing something here.

Dancer, 

I don't know the whole story, but I sure do wish I had those tones, that's all I know!

Steve

• Like 3