Gold Bug 2 And Makro Gold Racer And Whites Gm Series

And how should I perform this bench test to be accurate. Eviromental Setting, measurement tool,testing procedure and Should they be in audio boost for what your looking for or normal operation. Gb2 is a different animal in its self what operation modes/adjustments you want that in for comparison. are you familiar with the goldbug 2. It has no default settings as the Makro does

2 hours ago, Caligoldhog said:

I will have to tell my partner to try concentric I might be getting a 10.5 concentric for the Makro see how that feels on her

Its a little known secret that Whites still makes the Goldmaster 6x10 concentric coil but only for export. No matter how hard I pressed they wouldn't sell me one, At first they wouldn't even fess-up to still  making them. That was a couple years back and I hear their under new management or ownership.now. They could learn a thing or two in customer relations from Nokta........ .that's for sure.

• Like 1

No just I can't find any gold in the air personally. All I care about is what works in the ground and a DD coil will pull gold out of bad ground a concentric will miss. In mild or shallow ground the reverse can be true.

Lots of people would agree with you on GMT vs older Goldmasters but from what you describe that particular GMT sounds bad.

Really great report, I appreciate the time it took to type up so thanks again. I would not trade my GR for a GMT under any circumstances. Gold Bug 2 - deadly on tiny gold with that 6" coil as you know well. For my purposes the GR offers extra versatility (killer jewelry machine) I can use personally and I like the big DD coil for tailing piles. And still great on small gold. But nobody is ever going to hear me say anything bad about the Gold Bug 2.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Caligoldhog said:

And how should I perform this bench test to be accurate. Eviromental Setting, measurement tool,testing procedure and Should they be in audio boost for what your looking for or normal operation. Gb2 is a different animal in its self what operation modes/adjustments you want that in for comparison. are you familiar with the goldbug 2. It has no default settings as the Makro does

For a more objective test:

Please conduct the test outdoors as these 2 devices have different operating frequencies and may get affected differently from EMI.

We are very familiar with the model in comparison as we also do many benchmark tests in our development stages. Use the Gold Racer at factory defaults and set the model in comparison as you feel more comfortable with. You can compare All Metal to All Metal and our Discrimination 2 to the other model's iron off setting. Test materials- as gold nuggets will vary in size and shape the best would be to test a US Quarter and a nickel. No audio boost is necessary. After you finish testing and recording the results, turn up the sensitivity on the Gold Racer to the maximum level that the environmental conditions allow (you can leave all other settings at the factory defaults) and record your results again. Thank you! 

PS - Coils - Try to compare similar size coils. In case you really have an issue with the 10x5.5'' coil, you can compare the small coils. 

Ily Steve lool. Like I said I tuned them both for one of my sweet spots and performed an air test with those settings and a very very small nugget. I may not be setting the gr good for where I am at or have figured out how much I can get out of it without sacrificing stable operation. I'm an old school analogue junkie gm2s gb1 and 2. I'm still playing with the gr it has many variables and ground controls to affect performance good and bad. I know the bug I dream about it in my sleep I can run it max sens audio boosted and pissed off with that 6" and walk through a mine field of hot and cold rocks and tune it in and out picking up below them.i may not have given the bug a fair run for her money. It sort of is a bunk test if they are not both at default or both at best settings. 

As for issues I glady exploited all the companies weaknesses and advantages I believe I was fair on that. Opinions are fueled by experience and what you prefer. I just wanted to offer a glimpse of some likes and dislikes from a hardcore gold hunter who uses detectors hard, often and successfully in challenging rocky ground/mine tailings.  I wouldn't be surprised if in a soil test the makros DD punches down and get nuggets deeper in rough ground.... Who knows. Since I've been using them both side by side in the fieldit's hard to tell whose performing better on the ground when I'm finding micro nuggets ...grains with both Gb2 and the mak attack. I'll post my bench test with the coins when I get a chance to do so. Perhaps I'll have different findings with a default settings. Lol anyone know a gb2 factory setting heh I think it's audio boost sens maxed out ?.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

For a more objective test:

Please conduct the test outdoors as these 2 devices have different operating frequencies and may get affected differently from EMI.

We are very familiar with the model in comparison as we also do many benchmark tests in our development stages. Use the Gold Racer at factory defaults and set the model in comparison as you feel more comfortable with. You can compare All Metal to All Metal and our Discrimination 2 to the other model's iron off setting. Test materials- as gold nuggets will vary in size and shape the best would be to test a US Quarter and a nickel. No audio boost is necessary. After you finish testing and recording the results, turn up the sensitivity on the Gold Racer to the maximum level that the environmental conditions allow (you can leave all other settings at the factory defaults) and record your results again. Thank you! 

PS - Coils - Try to compare similar size coils. In case you really have an issue with the 10x5.5'' coil, you can compare the small coils. 

Will do. Im glad to see Makro take an interest in a pissing match here talks big game. Makro claims it has made the most sensitive metal detectors ever made lol (it's on the box dont quote me) I would like to know....gb2 has claims as well. I'll be in contact with coil serials and the issues I was having with the 10.5. Feels good to get a response timely not waiting a week for replies from turkey via internet ?. Simple tech questions all I wanted. I will give you bench data when I get a chance to perform

7 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

The GMT with concentric coil increases its sensitivity substantially (when you can find a used one). Good write up and thanks for sharing.

It did that exact thing last year and it turned my GMT in to a GBII with a meter on it, you would not believe the size of the bits the GMT can see with the GM2 Concentric coil on it and they are not even weighable and where the 2D coil sees them at an inch the GM2 coils see's them at 3 inches, I showed the bits to our member RickUK and he was struggling to see them, They are the size of a Grain of sand.

If the OP's friend is having trouble finding things with the GMT then he either has a dead coil or his machine needs a tune up, because my GMT is Lethal, It will air test a Quarter up to 15 inches using the 5x9 2D coil,and a .22 slug at 12 to 13 inches Over 30 CM's,  which weighs around 1.9 grams ?? from memory. which is about 2 inches further than the Gold Racer hit a 2.6 gram nugget,

john

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caligoldhog said:

Will do. Im glad to see Makro take an interest in a pissing match here talks big game. Makro claims it has made the most sensitive metal detectors ever made lol (it's on the box dont quote me) I would like to know....gb2 has claims as well. I'll be in contact with coil serials and the issues I was having with the 10.5. Feels good to get a response timely not waiting a week for replies from turkey via internet ?. Simple tech questions all I wanted. I will give you bench data when I get a chance to perform

By no means are we on this forum to make claims or to sell or to get into debates regarding competition. As a matter of fact, we refrain from getting involved in such discussions as  a manufacturer and we leave all that to the users of the products. Anybody who has been following my posts on this forum or others can vouch for that. We are just trying to verify some results to avoid any misinformation as well as support you in case there is a reason why you are experiencing different results than what we are seeing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nokta Detectors said:

By no means are we on this forum to make claims or to sell or to get into debates regarding competition. As a matter of fact, we refrain from getting involved in such discussions as  a manufacturer and we leave all that to the users of the products. Anybody who has been following my posts on this forum or others can vouch for that. We are just trying to verify some results to avoid any misinformation as well as support you in case there is a reason why you are experiencing different results than what we are seeing. 

I think your detectors are about as perfect as can be, Nothing comes close to them because you listen and you respond by making them right, for my money there is nothing better and I love everything about the Gold Racer and the Racer 2,, My machines can do some things well but yours seem to do it all, I will be buying your detectors very soon,

John