New Lab Lab Puppy

bklein

Been years that I had a Lab but they are a great dog to have. If it’s your dog I’d name it what I wanted.

Some years back I had a small dog I named Dollar . He was short legged and when this happened he was still just a puppy. My wife was sitting in the living room with her feet on the floor with no shoes are socks on. Dollar walked across her bare feet and I guess he had to pee . So the natural thing to do was let it go. Poor Dollar went from a dollar to fifty cents real quick. Me telling her he was just marking his territory didn’t go over well .

Chuck 

• 1 month later...

We went on a two week trip up to Washington and Oregon and back. New hotel room each day. She developed a phobia about automatic doors and glossy floors. I had to carry her across most of them.  Last week I took her to Lowes the first time. Same phobia but kinda got through it but pooped on the floor in a two pooper I wasn’t fully ready for…. This week seems she has kennel cough - from dog park visits most likely.  Vet visit this Friday. She seems to have stopped growing for a bit. Many labs we see her age are bigger than her. Our area here used to be full of dogs visiting the local park - our previous lab had lots of close friends she saw each week. Now they are all dead. People have dogs but most rarely leave the house.  The dog parks here in Orange County are a joke compared to those we saw in WA and OR.  She had a blast with those.

My friend and his wife just went and bought a Chocolate Lab pup.

Just opened their eyes so mumma has to wait for her new "baby".

She told me she wanted me to train it .  

I told her I could but it would be better if I trained her to train it ! The dog would probably respond better.......

(They're never ready for that ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh😉

All dogs are great.  I have found that the females do tend to be more loving and attached to the owner than male dogs. Now before some of you complain, I am sure there are exceptions. That has just been my experience as a long time dog owner. My male dogs have tended to be a tad more independent than my female dogs. Just nature I guess. Most of my dogs have been hunting dogs.