The Legend Coil Options

I hope the Legend has different coil options. If it doesn't I don't know if I'll get it. I would like to be able to choose the coil I want with it when I buy it but I know that probably won't happen.

• Like 1

Agree.  I'm not likely to use the 11" coil often if at all and the 6" is too small for my needs.  I will want an SP22 8.5" DD and/or SP24 9.5"x5" DD and we don't yet know if/when they'll be offered.  I'm considering cancelling my pre-order until these coils are made available.  And it probably wouldn't hurt to wait for some (NDA-free) real world testing either.

I've had the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, and MMK and they all had a rich selection of both factory, as well as after market coils.  I don't see why the Legend will be any different, Dilek said they're happy to work with 3rd part coil vendors, as long as it made sense for both parties.  She also ran a poll on their Facebook page to sequester polling on the most requested coils for the Legend.   I see a 6x10 closed loop elliptical DD coming 🙂

• Like 4

Yes, Nokta are even open to making Concentric coils for it.  And hopefully Nel and Detech step up to the plate and make coils for it, Dilek has said they're open to it as Cal_Cobra pointed out.   Nel may have found making coils for a detector the price of the Simplex wasn't viable? After all the coils would cost almost as much as the detector when you include shipping from Ukraine, the Legend is in a different price range so coils for it are far more likely. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nel may have found making cols for a detector the price of the Simplex wasn't viable? After all the coils would cost almost as much as the detector when you include shipping from Ukraine, the Legend is in a different price range so coils for it are far more likely. 

Good point!

• Like 1

While I like the prospects of the Legend, I will probably wait till fall or so.I hunt mainly inland jewelry with the Slmplex sp24 and the Vanquish 540. The legend is more of a want than a need,but I will insist on a more medium size coil before buying. HH

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Legend Coil Options