Nice find, those are interesting scratches. Do you usually use those same settings with your other coils?  Been on the fence for upgrading from my 11” to a 15”, mainly for coin and relicts. How much difference performance wise, (not sweep area or weight), have you noticed?

Well, we now know who doesn’t normally wear the pants in their house! 😆

20 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

The scratches comment was a joke.

And I took you seriously! 🤔

I’ve found a couple of clad coins with similar parallel scratches. I wondered if they happened before or after the coin was dropped. I guess I should start examining my pocket change more closely.

As a kid, I remember someone showing me a quarter with the ridges on the edge worn off. He said this meant the quarter had been used in a slot machine. 

• Like 1

GotAU that same coil is for sale on the forum here at a great price. I was trying a trade for my 6” but he has one. Right now I don’t want to spend the money because I’m saving just maybe for another detector.

You just can’t have too many detectors.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

GotAU that same coil is for sale on the forum here at a great price. I was trying a trade for my 6” but he has one. Right now I don’t want to spend the money because I’m saving just maybe for another detector.

You just can’t have too many detectors.

Chuck 

I saw that Chuck, that one has a nice discount too.  In my case and with my amount of use,  I’m just was not sure if it’s worth the upgrade from the 11” to make it worth it, so I was still weighing in on that. The 11” and 6” have been good for me, in fact I have a 5x10 Coiltek I hardly use as well!

Hey RidgeRunner

The older WE get , the older OLD gets..... so you're covered under that clause🙃

Old Line

I actually do find lots of coins that have the plow scratches. I detect the snow mountains in the shopping centers in the spring before the ground thaws out..

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I would like to know just how well you like that coil ?

Since getting the 15" coil, my 11" has been on vacation. Yes, the 15" is a bit heavier, and it may only get a little more depth. However, it still finds the crazy small bits and covers the ground much faster when detecting open ball fields. If I detect where there is a ton of metal in the ground, I switch to the 5x10. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

I’ve found a couple of clad coins with similar parallel scratches. I wondered if they happened before or after the coin was dropped. I guess I should start examining my pocket change more closely.

As a kid, I remember someone showing me a quarter with the ridges on the edge worn off. He said this meant the quarter had been used in a slot machine.

Back when they still used coins in LV slot machines I used to play with nickels I had already searched and then keep the payouts separately to search them (for dates+mm).  The faces of the coins definitely showed scratches, although I don't think they were as bad as that dime.  It looks like it's been dragged across a paved parking lot.

As far as a USA quarter getting its reeded edge worn away in a slot machine -- that seems like a longshot (pun intended).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Since getting the 15" coil, my 11" has been on vacation. Yes, the 15" is a bit heavier, and it may only get a little more depth. However, it still finds the crazy small bits and covers the ground much faster when detecting open ball fields. If I detect where there is a ton of metal in the ground, I switch to the 5x10. 

Mirrors my thoughts.

• Like 2

Nice save on a first year Rosie, but I'm not feeling sorry for your 50 degrees...lol

• Thanks 1