Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

• The title was changed to Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

Iron reject.  Noticeably missing from the GPX 6000. I would have been happy if ML would have just ported over the algorithm from the GPX 4500/4800/5000 intact (no improvements or other R&D needed).  But alas, it was left off the 6K.  So Nokta, here's a chance to grab not only prospectors but hot dirt relic detectorists (not an insignificant number of relic detectorists in the US who use the GPX/TDT/ATX machines) who are weary of the old GPX/ATX form factor and who ML chose to cut loose with the introduction of the 6000.

• Like 8

Agree strongly with Hugh about iron rejection. Something I would also like to see is a waterproof or at least rainproof. Also light weight, under 4 lbs for sure and under 3 if possible. Even though the GPX's are pretty adjustable I would like a new PI even more so. I don't want it going the direction of the GPX 6000 where it does all the thinking for you. That might be fine for a gold specific version but I also want to use a PI for beach and relic hunting and be able to set it up for those conditions. Wireless headphones and rechargeable batteries. I know tall order but hey why not ask for it all.

• Like 9

I like all of the above plus target response inversion feature so that no matter what coil type is used and what setting...Mono, DD or Cancel it will be easy to make the low high/high low responses consistent and the inversion point predicatble.

I personally have really been working with the GPX 6000 on this issue and it is driving me crazy..........

• Like 4

On 1/23/2022 at 5:42 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Iron reject.  Noticeably missing from the GPX 6000. I would have been happy if ML would have just ported over the algorithm from the GPX 4500/4800/5000 intact (no improvements or other R&D needed).  But alas, it was left off the 6K.  So Nokta, here's a chance to grab not only prospectors but hot dirt relic detectorists (not an insignificant number of relic detectorists in the US who use the GPX/TDT/ATX machines) who are weary of the old GPX/ATX form factor and who ML chose to cut loose with the introduction of the 6000.

PI detectors are way outside of my wheelhouse.  Does iron reject actually work? I never hear of people taking a PI machine with iron reject to a ghost town or stage stop? 

Iron Blanks out on the GPX when iron rejection is used and yes it works. But you're not going to want to wade into a sea of iron with a GPX or it will be one long blank. Where it reins Supreme is areas with high mineralization and deep targets. I can work an area with 2 pieces of iron per swing but it's slow going. If you need the depth and a VLF won't cut it a PI will. The thing that's neat about a PI is that once you learn what timings to use, you can actually make some iron disappear. Take for instance rust flakes. With the right timing I can see right through them where  VLF is blinded by them.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

PI detectors are way outside of my wheelhouse.  Does iron reject actually work? I never hear of people taking a PI machine with iron reject to a ghost town or stage stop? 

What Andy said, above.   When you are looking for depth in mineralized soil, plowed fields, mostly, then the GPX reigns supreme.   Iron reject works for open field running where you have bullets and nails which depending on timing give a low tone response (but nails or bigger iron targets blank on the peak/valley of the audio response) and for nail heads and buttons or small lead which give a high tone response or warbled response, you can get some blanking as well.  No, you don't want to run a GPX in thick iron patches like you woukd have at a stage stop or ghost down.  And if the soil is not all that hot, no need to pull out a PI sledge hammer, when a VLF will do just fine. As Andy says a GPX PI (non-6000) will blank out, and you are not really trying to punch for depth in that situation, just trying to look between the iron for typically shallower, masked non-ferrous.  That's a task for a fast vlf, preferably one that can handle mineralized dirt, Equinox, Tarsacci, and in some cases the original Deus are your best bets.  Whites MXT, Fisher F75/Tek T2, and Garrett AT Gold are your next best bets..  Hoping Deus 2 and Legend bring something to the table in that regard. We'll find out...

• Like 8

Waterproof thanks , i really need a deep PI beach machine . Would also want to use it on some highly mineralized relic sites . If the price and weight are reasonable they can put me down on a future pre order list right now !

• Like 3

I don't ask for much. Lighter than the GPX 5000, not tethered to a large battery on my back, some form of iron discrimination, GREAT EMI mitigation without loss of depth, sharing GPX coils, waterproof... oh, and reasonably priced 🤩 I told you I don't ask for much 😆

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I think EMI mitigation comes at a cost, the multi channel PI's all suffer from EMI where as single channel PI's like the QED can be relatively immune to it but suffer somewhat in overall performance over the multi channel units, you'd think it'd be possible to have a multi channel PI that can run in a single channel mode and also have a noise cancel in single channel for high EMI environments?  I'd love to hear someone with more knowledge if this would be possible but if so it'd be a big step forward. 

A lot of high EMI environments haven't been slammed as much with PI's due to the high EMI, many targets would likely be uncovered if this was incorporated into a detector.

• Like 5