Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

I'm in NZ 🙂 Too small of a market for Nokta, they really need to focus on Australia, a tough nut to crack with Minelab so established but not everyone wants to spend the big bucks, they need to go for the casual prospector market but give good enough performance the casual prospector doesn't feel like they're missing out.

• Like 1

Maybe Jeff Mc...  and Gerry Mc... would be a good choice if Steve bows out.

• Like 1

Both Jeff and Abenson live in difficult ground.  The key is getting someone that lives near the gold so they can use it a lot, not someone that visits the gold occasionally.

• Like 1

Yea I have to travel 5 hours minimum to get to gold. Gerry in Boise would be good. Jeff in Colorado.

Honestly I would use the PI for relics and beach, more than I would gold.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

I know Steve is the best choice! But I don't know if he would want to, we will ask him anyways! Who knows, he may agree to it. 

I'll have to think that over. I really don't like doing stuff unless I can really commit to doing the best job possible, and I'm not entirely sure about that at the moment. But I won't blow it off out of hand either as a possibility. As always, I'm honored to even be suggested as a candidate. :smile:

• Like 8

If Steve is willing to do it. He's probably the best choice. Gerry might be too busy with his business and classes. Both know there stuff with gold prospecting though and are respected by most as very knowledgeable when it comes to gold prospecting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you're going to make a PI it's got to be something special not just some other run of the mill PI trying to enter the market. Most people who buy it are going to be gold hunters, next would be relic and beach hunters. So right now Minelab pretty much has the market and any serious gold prospector probably already has a Minelab GPX model of some sort. So unless there is something that makes a new PI stand out, good luck trying to get someone to change over that's serious about gold hunting.

Now you could target the person who wants to try a PI out. But in my personal experience with people I've tried to help get started with one. They simply don't have the desire to learn a PI. Those people will be comparing them to a VLF and you know where that's going. Just look at the Impulse AQ and it's claim to discrimination.

I've personally owned a bunch of PI's including the Whites TDI, TDI SL, Garrett infinium, Whites surf master, and a bunch of GP's and GPX's. So for me personally to be interested it's got to do what I want it to and be at least on the same performance level as a GPX. It's also going to have to be weather proof, have rechargeable batteries, wireless headphones, have a good selection of coils and weight the same of less than the GPX 6000.

• Like 4