Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

15 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Will there be enough band width?

The pulse-train will have to be coded to suit the type of detector it ends up to be....whether multi-channel or single channel with bias. As long as the delay is under 8uS (for high sens bias or a hypothetical channel 2) or lower with a fast sampling rate to match, then it has serious potential. With current processors, the width of the train is entirely code-able to handle a lot more target size, emi, ground signal extraction, transmit voltage and heaps more. It just needs a good code written to suit the type of detector it needs to be. 

• Like 1

One extra 'addition' to the overall design, which I feel would add extra versatility and power is a frequency change option. On my modded GPX4500, this option adds SDC2300 type sensitivity with small coils (I love the 9" Elite) using the high frequency setting while still allowing terrific depth on solid nuggets. At the other end, the low frequency allows terrific depth on larger targets, using bigger coils (18" monos or larger). I'm uncertain if the QED type bias control already alters the frequency OR its a code alteration. If its code (pulse train), then BOTH bias AND frequency user control options would surely add a significant % of depth and sensitivity I'm thinking....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If a PI is in the works, might as well offer a Beach Version.

With the loss of both White’s Dual Field and Tesoro’s Sand Shark, I no longer have a detector suited for rough surf conditions. My Excal gets beat up pretty bad, requiring constant repair.

I have a Legend on the way, but PI depth is what I really need.

Wish list from Nokta Makro:

1. Extremely Durable

2. Exceptional Waterproofing

3. Beveled Edge Coil to slice through water

4. Permanently Bonded Coil Protector

5. Single Pushbutton Option for Maximum Depth. Blow our minds with a detector that can claim deepest ever! If it beeps, I’ll dig.

6. Vibration and Waterproof Headphones/Connector

7. LED Flashlight

8. Shaft Connectors that Prevent Sand Intrusion

9. Lightweight

10. Coil Options/Waterproof Connector

Thank You

• Like 2

Hello all.... copied all the posts in a word document and will go through them myself first and then share with the engineers.

A few questions - 

1) IS GPS NECESSARY/BENEFICIAL ON A PI UNIT?

2) IS COLOR SCREEN MORE PREFERRED? ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES 

3) ARE YOU OK WITH AN EXTERNAL CABLE AROUND THE SHAFT?

4) COILS - SIZES AND SHAPES (3 PLEASE)

5) IS 10 FT WATERPROOF GOOD ENOUGH? 

PS. Sorry if any of these were mentioned already in the posts.... did not read them all yet. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello all.... copied all the posts in a word document and will go through them myself first and then share with the engineers.

A few questions - 

PS. Sorry if any of these were mentioned already in the posts.... did not read them all yet. 

1. No

2.No need, black and white LCD is more comfortable in day light and consume less power.

3.Both is ok, But cable inside the shaft is last longer.

4.6 inches, 12 inches, 18 inches(for people who hunt for really deep relic 1.5-2 meters) 

5.Great.

My suggestion 

1.Compact and lightweight 

2.Use 26650 battery 

• Like 2

A detector could be just like a car when you buy it. The more you add the more it’s going to cost you  

Color screen would be great if it was about the same as what we have now.

If you don’t dive with your detector 10 feet is about nine feet more than I need.

Coils that’s another game altogether. A stock coil of 11” and one a couple inches larger but we do have the need for a 9 X 5 elliptical.

Having a GPS in my opinion is just something else to go wrong. Too many bells and whistles is the bells don’t ring plus the whistle I can’t get it to blow.

Talking about the cable wrapping around the shaft what we’d would like. Heck I’ve yet to have trouble the way it’s been for as long detectors have been around. I like the looks of it being inside the shaft and I know that guys that find themselves in heavy brush like it 

Right now NM offers more for my money than other detector companies and I’d like to keep it that way.

I thank you for letting me express my opinion of things and what makes Chuck happy.

The Best To You Dilek!

Chuck 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

A few questions - 

1) GPS is not necessary

2) For a PI that has no target ID a colour screen isn't necessary and is often difficult to see.  You only use the screen for settings and never need to look at it.

3) I was hoping it would have external cable around the shaft as I was hoping it'd use existing GPX coils.  If it runs existing GPX coils it has a major advantage and a huge head start, and more chance of success.

4) See above 🙂 Existing GPX coils.  For the coils provided by Nokta, 10x5" Mono, 12" Round Mono", 17" Round Mono.  

5) Yes, 10 foot is good enough for a "waterproof" model, most gold prospectors it will never see the water, they'd likely prefer a land based only model without the need for waterproofing, especially if it allows them to use standard GPX coils.  A waterproof model should be a separate product for water hunters.

Note the Garrett ATX, a waterproof to 10 feet detector but has gained very little traction with prospectors, a lot of it's problems for prospectors are the fact its waterproof and the limitations that's caused.

• Like 3

I think the biggest problem with the ATX is the weight, I keep thinking about buying a minelab SDC2300 and think of how long I kept the ATX (2 months).

So for me weight would be the first issue.

1)GPS, not necessary, I always have a hand held with me

2) color screen not necessory

3) either, but external would be easier to change coils

4) coil, 12 inch mono, 10x5 mono

5) 10 ft is fine

1 GPS for me would not be important.

2 no need for a color screen  

3 external wire 

4 I still think that if the gpx connection is used, it would already be covered with all possible measures and will surely have many guaranteed sales 

5 10 feet is enough although for me if it was just waterproof it would be enough 

if possible as light as possible and bluetooth connection.  It would not be necessary to include any headphones since most of us fans already have 2 or more sets of headphones

• Like 1

1) No

2) Depends on the UI. Color has advantages of better contrast/separation with more complex UI's. Needs to be visible in direct sunlight though, some cheap color screens suffer there.

3) Yes - this is preferred so GPX coils could be used.

4) Sizes would depend on the performance of the machine and the quality of the coils - as that would determine what I'd use the machine for. If it's about on par with a 5000 then: all monos - 10x6, 14x10, and 17" round. An option to switch one of those in the box for a 12" DD would probably be good for places with hotter ground. If it's compatible with GPX coils then an option to save money and buy just the machine with no coils might be useful unless modern Nokta coils are better than older coils in some way.

5) I don't detect beaches or relics, only gold. So my waterproofing needs would just be maybe 2-3ft on the coil (this isn't even necessary) and water resistance on the box for rain detecting.

• Like 3