Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

Not to mention Nokta pricing in NZ is normal and realistic, they don't have some strange inflated pricing here and I suspect it would be the same the world over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aureous said:

Of all the well known detector brands, NM is the only one capable of delivering a prospecting or multi-purpose PI with a US$2,000 price benchmark.

Well, I don't know if they are the only one capable -- maybe the only one willing (at the moment).  We've gone from ~$1500 dry land PI detectors to more than twice that cost for the cheapest available (not counting pricing for used detectors).  People seem pleased that the Axiom is only $4k.  I get it -- compared to Minelab (the only other game in town right now) that sounds cheap.  (prices and availability here in the USA.  I realize other parts of the world don't always get those....)

ML deeply undercut their own pricing with the Equinox release at $900.  It took N/M four years but now they are 2/3 of that price for a m/l equally performing unit.  Outside of N/M I don't know if anyone is aware of how far along they are with a PI (water version or dry land version).  Hopefully they have more of a head start than they did vs. the Eqx.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, I don't know if they are the only one capable -- maybe the only one willing (at the moment)

True....some companies 'could' do it but Im certain the price wont be within the US$2,000 mark. Betcha the Fisher AQ gold (if it ever happens) wont be within that price bracket. 

I think a PI that covers beach and the gold fields will have the broadest appeal. It’s should be 5lbs or less. Built in batteries with external battery pack for extended use etc. strong ground balancing a must. Good iron check highly desirable. GPX coil usage would be nice. Manually adjustable soil timings would be a interesting option. Price 1;500 - 2,000 USD

1. Not needed

2. Not needed

3. External cables are the way to go on this one

4. 10x5, 14x9, 16  ….. all mono and double D on first two

5. 10’ perfect

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think that NM has a great opportunity to make a waterproof, light weight, reasonably-priced, ground balancing PI that can be used for either prospecting or beach hunting. Currently there is no other PI that meets all of these criteria. ATX 2 of 4, White's TDI Beach hunter 2 of 4, Axiom 2 of 4, etc.

Coil sizes -  ~5x10", 12" round.

GPS - No need

Color Screen - No need

Kent

• Like 1

I think that NM has a great opportunity to make a waterproof, light weight, reasonably-priced, ground balancing PI that can be used for either prospecting or beach hunting. Currently there is no other PI that meets all of these criteria. ATX 2 of 4, White's TDI Beach hunter 2 of 4, Axiom 2 of 4, etc.

Coil sizes -  ~5x10", 12" round.

GPS - No need

Color Screen - No need

Coil wire - external

Also, if it does not add too much to the cost, a pulse rate above 4,000 pulses/sec.

Thanks for asking.

Kent

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Axiom is shipping, but it still sells for too much to make my under 4 lb, under $2K ground balancing PI a reality. With word from Carl that Fisher is still in the game with a possible Impulse Gold, it's now up to Fisher, or more likely, Nokta/Makro, to finally get it done. Been over 5 years since I made the challenge, and if anything with the TDI gone, it seems we are going backwards. I'll fudge the 4 lbs as being "close enough" with the Axiom at 4.2 lbs, but the price is still twice as much as I'd like to see.

You have a 4 lb robust proven mechanical design just waiting to have a GBPI circuit stuffed in it. Why reinvent the wheel? Just saying. So come on Nokta/Makro, it's your game to win! :smile:

nokta-makro-pi-pulse-gold-pro-nugget-detector.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So come on Nokta/Makro, it's your game to win!

....and you've even named it for them! There's a couple weeks effort saved already! LOL. As good a name as any other out there...and to the point as well. You're right too Steve, they already have a great 'chassis' to place the circuitry into. Now the waiting...........

Nokta are the one that will most likely be able to make a detector at a good price in the worldwide market, if anyone can do the under $2000 PI it will be Nokta, and it will be a lot of bang for the buck too.

If they can crack into the African market with it at a good price I'm sure they'll be very glad they made it.

• Like 4