Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

Steve,   Can you please have them use the Anfibio hardware instead? I want an onboard rechargeable battery & auxiliary backup battery and submersible too!😀

Seriously, I am hoping they surprise us all with performance & value. Prospecting, Relic, Beach/Dive & Coin/General use.

• Like 2

Smaller the better and Anfibio case would be nice. But there are certain realities about PI detectors, and the new GPX 6000 at 4.5 lbs and Garrett Axiom at 4.2 lbs was not from lack of extreme effort to keep the weight down. Getting a powerful PI into a 4 lb Impact package would be a feat indeed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How about a mid range PI built on either the Nokta/Makro Gold Racer or the Kruzer chassis combined with a XP Deus telescoping shaft system improved with a carbon fiber shaft, quality wireless headphones, rechargeable Li Ion battery, waterproof coils selection including a 10x5 DD plus mono, submersible in frigid water down to 16 feet plus a control unit face mounted “iron honking” button.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been over a year now, so I'm wondering if @Nokta Detectors would be ever so kind and give us an update on the project, if it's in the works yet or not, if it's still on the cards, and if they expect to release it at any point in the near future?

Plenty of us are looking forward to this one, myself included.

• Like 2

Some sort of approximate time frame from Nokta would be great .  If the silence continues I may end up going the whole nine yards and buy an Axiom . No way will I then buy a later release Nokta p.i. So come on Nokta , give us something to hang onto .

Not a bad thing to have an external battery pack system that mounts under the cuff. I think it is a bad idea to have a battery inside the control box for bunch of reasons... Noise, Heat, Difficult to replace and can't be swapped out on the field if they run out.

Using a pack system allows for larger batteries with longer run times, user can swap them out in the field and better balance of the machine overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this is a no-go.  Nothing out of Nokta since Jan 2022 on the project, maybe they were spooked by the Axiom release or maybe they're just not seeing a viable market for another gold PI to take on the well established leader.  Maybe (Fingers crossed) they're just tight lipped until it's ready.

A real shame as I could see Nokta having the potential to really dramatically change the way the gold detector market is like they have done with the VLF's with great success. 

My hopes are not as high as they once were.

I still believe if Nokta did make a PI they would have great success with it if they follow their existing methodology, great value for money high quality well performing product.  Fingers crossed!   If any market needs competition it's the high end gold machines more so than by comparison the very cheap VLF detectors, and realistically gold prospectors seldom use VLF's, and now PI's have become so sensitive the case for even owning a VLF is diminishing rapidly so there is an entire segment of the market Nokta currently doesn't cater for.

• Like 1

Patience.   Nokta has followed through on everything I can remember they have stated about their past intentions.

I feel sure they will introduce a family of  PI detectors that have cutting edge features and be very adaptable to Relic, Saltwater & Prospecting/Gold detecting. The price to value received will be a market changer.  

I'm as antsy as anyone for it to be announced.

• Like 3

I agree with JCR.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If the devices started to discriminate lead or other ferrous materials, certainly some gold would have escaped, because gold varies in content. it is very different, it varies from each region, here in my region the tero is 70%, now there is gold in Para there and with a 100% content. If you were to analyze this case and use discrimination, the device would not work 100%, that's why they take everything, so you don't leave anything behind.

This week I went hunting and the device beeped on a stone, I thought the signal was below the stone, I removed the stone and the signal disappeared, I could see that the signal was on the stone, the device showed that it was a noble metal as if it were gold. When I broke the stone I noticed that it was a kind of dark material and it gave a signal to the device. If it was an IP device and would have discrimination would have lost that stone.

There is a lack of cheap IP equipment on the market, minelaba reigns in this market with its machines. Let's hope that the macro puts a cost device on the market and IP benefit. So everyone would be able to use this machine that makes the difference in detection.