Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

I totally forgot about this detector. I hope they come out with one still.

All I need is: light, fast, quiet (EMI), external speaker, and a little more sensitive than a 5000 so I can hit the buried sub-0.1 nugget leads while exploring. Make it $2k And I'll ditch my 6000 and use this all day as an exploration/prospecting machine and never look back, I need an excuse to stop using ML products, still pissed about the 6000 honestly and how they treated the EMI issues and fix "rollout" that I had to force for them. Plus I just don't trust the 6 anymore either.

I had a bad experience with Nokta when they first rolled out the FORS Core, 3 of mine failed in a row and I just gave up and threw it in the closet. Willing to try again. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, frolm said:

Anything to compete with minelab would be fantastic something to rival the 6000 without the ridiculous high price. 

Garrett does this with the Axiom today, which starts at $2000 less than the GPX 6000 in the US, but unfortunately, that price delta does not exist in Australia where ML is king from a price perspective.  Nokta might even have a tough time challenging ML price wise with a PI on ML’s home turf.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 5:42 AM, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello all.... copied all the posts in a word document and will go through them myself first and then share with the engineers.

A few questions - 

1) IS GPS NECESSARY/BENEFICIAL ON A PI UNIT?

2) IS COLOR SCREEN MORE PREFERRED? ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES 

3) ARE YOU OK WITH AN EXTERNAL CABLE AROUND THE SHAFT?

4) COILS - SIZES AND SHAPES (3 PLEASE)

5) IS 10 FT WATERPROOF GOOD ENOUGH? 

PS. Sorry if any of these were mentioned already in the posts.... did not read them all yet. 

So just over a year ago we were at the “talking about what the detector should look like” stage. That’s the last post I can find from Dilek about the PI and where it is. It can take up to five years to develop a completely new detector from scratch. Nokta has been much faster than most however, and one reason I suggested the Impact housing was to shorten development time. Still, a year would be a pretty amazing thing, and I’d think next year at earliest. Assuming development did actually get past the “we are thinking about it stage.” Maybe the Minelab lawsuit derailed things with the lawsuit as we have heard nothing for over a year now.

Still looking for a winner for my Under 4 Pound, Under $2000 Gbpi Challenge after six years of waiting. Fingers crossed for 2024.

• Like 5

I'm willing to wait for Nokta to make Steve's challenge a reality. I think they will.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

At this point I would be happy with a Garrett version of the TDI/TDI SL with lithium ion/NiMH internal or removable batteries that don't need to be modded, an ergonomic, fully waterproof housing with collapsible shaft system, wireless audio options and Coiltek, Nuggetfinder, Minelab coil compatibility along with some well made stock coils from Garrett. It doesn't have to be super sensitive to small sub gram gold nuggets. It just needs to be a functioning coin/jewelry/relic detector with decent depth on mineralized ground and saltwater beaches and surf. 

If Nokta Detectors can build something like that or with even more sensitivity to nuggets while also being fully water proof that will work with mono and DD coils, at around $2000........fantastic.

• Like 6

hello jeff, yes your solution would be good, I had heard that they had to be inspired rather by the gpx 5000 to create their new PI, and that it had to be waterproof. With a telescopic cane it would not be bad. But your idea of the tdi whites would be a good idea.

No one has information about nokta's project on their IP development.

And the release of the new impulse aq from fisher will it be released this year? ? THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 9:19 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The Impulse AQ is dead in the water and I doubt another version other than the Limited will be released. Nokta has gone silent on their PI. If you want a PI, look at what exists now, unless you want to wait until next year or the year after.

hello steve, thank you for your answer, for the aq pulse i think you are right, there will not be a sequel, but at the moment they are testing the gold pulse. there will normally be news at the end of August. I bought a second-hand fisher tdi amplified at 22 volts, regulated at 15 volts.

• Like 1