** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

4 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

It's a true fault. I have all the geology reports. It runs north / south and the high side is anywhere from 60 ft to 100 ft above the bottom. When I read in the Dept of Interior report what this guy found I was amazed. I didn't know anything about Jed or his work until I stumbled on the report while doing research. Then I was able to get the journal from descendants of a mine president who worked near there in the 1960's. His family had it and gave it to me. As I put more entries out I will show pictures of his dig site as well as myself and a partner & our wives testing the ground. I'll just say for now that there are some good pockets still hiding there. Here is a picture of some gold we got at Jed's dig site while doing bucket samples with a recirculating sluice. The gold weighs out to 7 grams. For now I won't say how many buckets we ran because I don't want to ruin the journal story. There are areas of sizeable tonnage. I'll be posting lots of info on that later on. 

IMG_20190902_193831 (2).jpg

IMG_20190831_235355.jpg

Jed didn't get it all. There's millions left. More on that later as well.

• Like 4

Just now, DOOGY-MD said:

Wow, nice! You have the claim now?

Yes. We have over 500 acres of claims. Jed's dig site in on one of our northern ones up the mountain. I'll put more pictures up as we get into the journal. My company explores old placer mines in the Sierra Nevada Mts and then leases them out after proving the gold. 

• Like 3

APRIL 26   1936

Glory days may be nearing. I spent the day shoveling onto the grizzly. The water flowed fast down the tom and I made good time for a tired prospector. I haven't finished all the panning but have got most of it done. The weigh was heavy with over 5 grams and change so far. I think I am on to something now. If I can stay on those gravels my pay day will be a good one this week. There is no clue as to the depth and breadth of this paying material but I will do my best to follow it. I am on guard for claim jumpers as well. My rifle is always by my side. 

TO BE CONTINUED ................

• Like 4

APRIL 27   1936

I had a bear visit last night. I heard it moving around camp and I was able to dispatch it back into the woods using a whistle and a holler or two. I'd rather deal with a bear than a lion. I'd rather deal with a claim jumper in the middle of the night than a lion. I awoke to a better day than yesterday as the sun was coming up bright and clear. My mood was good and the gold was waiting for my shovel. The springs on my truck are not up to standard and I must be careful to avoid overloading buckets on the bed. Times are hard and I have no money to replace a broken spring. I feel that better times will come as the gold is found.

The day was spent back in the good gravels which seem rich and easier to dig and not requiring much pick work. I will learn more after washing them tomorrow. I worked very hard with only a few breaks and hauled out a total of 95 buckets which was even better than yesterday. If they prove as rich as I think and they are plentiful I will see my ship come to port.

TO BE CONTINUED ..............

• Like 5

APRIL 28   1936

Last night was peaceful with no critters in camp. After a good breakfast of meal and hot water cornbread I worked at washing the fault gravel. With a large grizzly and hopper over the head of the tom and good powerful water down the creek I was able to easily get all my work done and weighed well before dark. The gravels washed today were from a deeper area in the fault and proved out quite well. The weigh showed a little more than 7 grams with much of the gold course. Between my sampling efforts and my start at mining I am nearly to the one half ounce. I have it well hidden and will go back to the dig tomorrow. Tonight it will be hoover stew, corn bread, and whiskey. 

TO BE CONTINUED ................

• Like 7

Thank you for sharing! That is great! Glad to hear it is alive and well! Awesome story! I second the motion on a movie!

P.S.  I would be honored to play the part of Jed, with a new Nokta Gold Kruzer of course!

Hehehe 😊..enjoy the Au!

• Like 1

APRIL 30 1936

Saw two bears this morning, they are getting more aggressive each day and my hollering and throwing rocks are having no affect any more.

Hold up a second I think there is a bear outside my te…………………

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DOOGY-MD said:

Thank you for sharing! That is great! Glad to hear it is alive and well! Awesome story! I second the motion on a movie!

P.S.  I would be honored to play the part of Jed, with a new Nokta Gold Kruzer of course!

Hehehe 😊..enjoy the Au!

A movie would be great. I know i'd watch it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, madtuna said:

APRIL 30 1936

Saw two bears this morning, they are getting more aggressive each day and my hollering and throwing rocks are having no affect any more.

Hold up a second I think there is a bear outside my te…………………

After more of the journal is posted you will find out he has more to worry about than bears.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to ** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **