** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

3 minutes ago, ECris said:

Hi GhostMiner - great bit of history here. Just wondering if you are typing this or dictating via your phone/iPad.

I am reading the journal and typing. I also am planning to do a book on this journal later this year. There is quite a lot that went on out there. 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, GhostMiner said:

Anyone who wants to is welcome to make a guess as to what is about to come down as far as Jed's crew & the gang of thugs. It's all coming to a head this weekend. Will they let the law dogs handle it? How would they even contact the law in time from a remote location? Remember, this is 1936. Will they be forced to negotiate with the gang? Will there be a fight or shootout? Or could something else take place? Will John get his wish? Can Jed control John at this point? 

My guess is there will be a fight. The bounty hunter will appear get involved since he is tracking the thugs and help Jed and his crew.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GhostMiner said:

I am reading the journal and typing. I also am planning to do a book on this journal later this year. There is quite a lot that went on out there. 

I also plan to get another dig started on this ground and shoot video of the project. I think it would be quite interesting.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

I though you were scanning it.    .........

How do I scan a handwritten document into text?

Convert Scanned Handwriting to Text

If you have a document with handwriting on it, you can use a scanner to deliver it to your device and then convert it to text. To scan handwriting to text, scan the document as a PDF, then use Microsoft OneNote to capture the words. Open the PDF and choose Copy Text From Picture..... It might be worth a look. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

I though you were scanning it.    .........

How do I scan a handwritten document into text?

Convert Scanned Handwriting to Text

If you have a document with handwriting on it, you can use a scanner to deliver it to your device and then convert it to text. To scan handwriting to text, scan the document as a PDF, then use Microsoft OneNote to capture the words. Open the PDF and choose Copy Text From Picture..... It might be worth a look. 

Another journal entry coming soon. 

MAY 31   1936    PART TWO

We poured some alcohol in the wound and tied a piece of cloth around his leg. The bullet had gone through the flesh of his calf and he was able to hobble around some. We asked him who he was but he wasn't talking. I told the greenhorns we had business to settle with him and were taking him down to our camp and we would let them know what we got out of him in the way of information. They agreed with us as to not contacting the law.

Will and Jacob were surprised to see we had caught one of the gang. Will said he was one of the crew that had robbed him.  We filled them in on what happened. We tried to get information out of him but he just said they were prospectors. We tied up his hands and lashed him up to a tree. Then we walked away and had a quick meeting. When we came back to the robber I told him John was for hanging him and he talked the rest of us into it. He just sneered and said we wouldn't do it. Then John brought over a wooden crate about two feet high. We set it under the branch of the tree and made a noose out of some rope. John threw the rope over the branch and we unlashed the robber and told him  to stand on the box. He said he wouldn't and started shaking a little. John and me lifted him onto the box and I told Jacob to put the noose around his neck and pull the rope tight then get up on the branch and wrap the rope around it a few times and tie it off. 

John told him he wanted to know where his gang was camped and who he was. He said if he didn't talk he was going to kick the box out from under his feet. His hands were still tied behind his back. John said we'll hang you and nobody will ever find you and he would do it for sure. The rif raf was shaking. John said he would ask him one last time and if he didn't talk he was a dead man. 

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART THREE ......................

• Like 6

MR. Outlaw, Jed & his crew have caught up with you. It may be time to pay for your sins.

• Like 1