** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

2 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

2 ft X 20 ft I think.

Wait untill they hit the bottom.

9 hours ago, DOOGY-MD said:

I wonder if the Geologist got a cut?

No mention of it but wouldn't be surprised.

15 hours ago, deathray said:

Dude!!!! Holy crap, what a story. I have not been on here in a looking time. I decide to check out the forum this morning before work...let's just say I didn't make it to work. Read through everything! Awesome! And yes, would love to work alongside them, kick some ass with John, haha. Thanks for posting these!

Hay death ray, aaaaa, bbb, aaaaaaaaa, bbbbbb, aaa, b long time no c…

• Thanks 1

JULY 4   1936

Seeing it was a holiday we decided to take the day off but not before weighing up the gold from those rich buckets. None of us could believe our eyes. We had 72 ounces. The bigger pieces added a lot to the weight for sure. Instead of a big celebration we all just stood there and stared at the pan. It was like something out of a dream but it was really happening to us. John was close to crying I think. He couldn’t speak. Jacob just looked over at me with disbelief and Will was holding his head in his hands and rocking back and forth. Jacob said we are doing it, we have a gold strike of mass proportion. I shook my head in agreement. 

After breakfast John gave us all haircuts. He was pretty good at it. I gave myself a good shave and we all washed our clothes in the creek as well as ourselves. We decided that it would be best from here on out to stay clear of town unless provisions were needed. We would only send one man to town when needed and keep the other three on site to protect our goods and treasure. 

After supper the crew opened some Luckys and I opened a bottle of whiskey and we took a walk up to the hole. We just looked down into it trying to guess how much gold was waiting for us. I had no clue. None of us did.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

So good to read that dreams really do come true every once in a while.

Thanks for posting...

Sometimes they do.