** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

27 minutes ago, DOOGY-MD said:

Wow! How and where do you hide that much gold?

They're up to 581 ounces.

28 minutes ago, DOOGY-MD said:

Wow! How and where do you hide that much gold?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Clay Diggins said:

581 ounces was worth $20,335 dollars in 1936. The average wage at the time was about $1,600 a year. The average house rent was $18 a month.

So I know that Jed was working with a prominant geologist. I have his name as it's in the report. Jed never mentions him but I bet he's getting something out of this operation. Let's assume 10% - just a guess. So that gives Jed 90%. Now John is hired for a 50% cut according to Jed. Now that leaves Jed 45%. Then he brings in his brother Jacob & Will for a small %. No idea what he considered small but let's say another 10% to them combined. John was contributing to Will's gold payday as well. So now Jed is down to 35%. I bet i'm close on that. So 35% of 581 ounces is 203.35 ounces to this date in the journal. Probably 4 or 5 yrs wages back in those days. Keep working Jed, you ain't retired yet. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Where did they hide it ? Burried it ,, of course !🧐

Gold keeps quite well under the ground LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Resting in peace undah that tree or rock down yondah chummy  !         Sly ol' Jed didn't put that location down in the book I bet !    And no geologist report has the stash location charted. hmmmmmmmm, and were there 4 stash piles as per the original agreement ?????

And you asked a question about detectors finding large gold very deep..LOL 

I am somewhat telepathic , I can tell you what you're thinking .

If you tell me enough times...

Sure , I'll come help ya look , but can ya wait till my mom passes ? She's the only reason I'm up here hanging in this icicle land beyond september  ( I'm slowly being covered in white again as I type this)  she's 98 but still speaking what's left of her mind and firing the staff at the home on a daily basis usually for stealing her stuff ,,,,that she hides so they don't steal it and then can't find it herself..... so might outlive ME.             I guess !😜 

What is winter like up there ? can ya still push a shovel in the ground ?     Like that matters when you have an excavator ! 

I have a few ideas about site security though ,,,ya knowww a mine site is a dangerous place if ya don't know where to step....and have I got campfire tales about how to keep people away from the wiring. Did you know lots of times they have electricity in them ?

May I have my next installment now ?