** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

15 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

All done & back home wearing an eye patch until tomorrow. Removed my eye lense & put in a plastic one. Should be back to normal in a couple of days. A little sore & tired tonight. Cheers.

Glad it went well for you Ghostminer.  You are a trooper typing out an entry today with an eye patch!!

Brian

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Zincoln said:

Glad it went well for you Ghostminer.  You are a trooper typing out an entry today with an eye patch!!

Brian

Thank you. Feeling much better today.

On 3/1/2022 at 4:39 AM, Muppet said:

Good luck , don't forget to come back , if you don't finish this yarn there will be bounty hunters chasing you 🤣

Yes, I don't want the bounty hunters on my trail LOL.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, Cascade Steven said:

GM: best wishes with the eye surgery.

Thank you! feeling better.

On 3/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, EL NINO77 said:

GhostMiner  ...in the year 2000 ... I was on a laser correction of both eyes  ... and so far it is all right ... I really believe in this medical technique ...your procedure will be of a similar type ...

They removed the lense of the eye & replaced it with a plastic one which has helped but still have a blind or smoky area that is still there. Will see the doctor next week. May be something to do with blood vessels behind the eye. Feeling fine.

• Like 4

it will definitely need the eyes to rest for a few days, and don't stretch yourself physically - it's due to internal eye pressure ... then it will be fine. ..👍:smile:

• Like 1

JULY 16   1936

None of us got hardly any rest last night. The hooligans were hiding in the woods near our camp and making trouble. It started around midnight while Jacob was on watch. We were woke up by gunfire and hollering from the tree line and they were all around us. I don’t know how many there were but they would fire off some rounds and holler that we needed to sign up for protection or it would get worse for us. We couldn’t see them but only heard them. After an hour of this it got quiet and after some time went by we figured they must have left. The watch was kept on a two man shift for the rest of the night. In the morning we weighed up 2 ounces of gold in the pan and talked about our situation over breakfast. John once again said we needed to go to their office and confront the leaders. I told him that is risky and  may be what they want. If we go and leave only two men to guard camp they could rob them or worse and when we get to their camp we don’t know what we will be facing. They may have spies staked out and watching us for all we know. 

We went back up to the dig site and resumed work although we were all still worried. Our shovels hit country rock everywhere across the trench. I panned some of the gravels and saw good color but nothing like the glory hole. We ended our day early with 130 buckets. The trench was mined out.

At supper we decided to put John and Will down near the road where most people park and walk up the mountain along the creek. They would keep a lookout and if there was trouble fire off three  gunshots. Jacob and me would guard the camp. So just before dark we all took positions and  waited to see what happened. 

TO BE CONTINUED .................

• Like 7