** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Please don't stop posting GM. Really appreciate the effort you are putting into it.

I can't get enough of this read, and I'm sure every one else the same. One thing on my mind, the men that were taken away. I wander what happened to them? in those days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

The journal deserves something better rhan that.

What is it you wish?

1 hour ago, peterinaust said:

Please don't stop posting GM. Really appreciate the effort you are putting into it.

I can't get enough of this read, and I'm sure every one else the same. One thing on my mind, the men that were taken away. I wander what happened to them? in those days.

There’s a mining company in the southern Sierra Nevada “Roaring Camp” that offers pay to mine, they also celebrate 49’er days with a bar-b-q, the hay ride down to the river includes a guided tour where one of the stops is at the hanging tree. The tour guide tells what it was like for the accused back then… accused is the operative word as that’s all it took if if you made yourself a target and many times that wasn’t much got you the longmarch down the flume to the tree where there was a fight for your clothes and boots before destiny and the slide down the ravine when the rope was cut, life was brutal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1515Art said:

Made for TV mini series…

It has a great possibility for a TV or Movie. Who would play Jed,Ben, and Sarge . Lee Marvin would be my pick for Whiskey Jack and may someone from the "Magnificent Seven film" for Ben and Sarge. In this day and age we need a "rough and tough beautiful Female in the Film version. 😀

• Haha 1

Hey Ghostminer, don't take offense to the lack of likes buddy. This ain't facebook, don't think we hit the button much here. BUT...you got us all transfixed,  like a group of school kids, waiting for the next page. This would make a great movie!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I wouldn’t take it as anything more than the highest compliment we can pay… like when the dinners really really good and nobody can stop to talk, we are starving and can only think of food and the next meal. Pardon the bad manners, we like’y a lot.

No worries, just an interesting observation on my part.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, geof_junk said:

It has a great possibility for a TV or Movie. Who would play Jed,Ben, and Sarge . Lee Marvin would be my pick for Whiskey Jack and may someone from the "Magnificent Seven film" for Ben and Sarge. In this day and age we need a "rough and tough beautiful Female in the Film version. 😀

Lee Marvin was a great actor. He was actually a plumber working in Woodstock, NY and used to drink every night in a nautical themed bar called the Seahorse Tavern. His drinking was legendary. He got into acting at the Byrdcliffe Theatre in Woodstock ane eventually went into movies. The tavern is now a coffee shop. I've been there several times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peterinaust said:

I didn't mean I was stopping LOL. Just an observation about social media. My guess is those guys were shanghai'd to a foreign country. Thanks for reading the journal. I love posting it.

• Like 2