** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

2 minutes ago, beatup said:

that country sure does look worked over makes me want to swing my detector over it .

Yes, that area was worked. The area east of there is virgin. That's where the Eastern Drift is. 

• Like 2

Its great that you add modern day photos of the area , it really brings the story to life.

How about a photo of each area marked on jeds map if you can pin point each marked area.

I

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

Its great that you add modern day photos of the area , it really brings the story to life.

How about a photo of each area marked on jeds map if you can pin point each marked area.

I

I think I have done that over the time of posting but not all at once. Let me see if I can find the photos again and put them all on one post. 

• Like 1

Some pipe left over from the old timers of the hydraulic mining days of the 1800's.

DSC00016.JPG

• Like 7

A noise caused one of my partners to take cover. Just to the right was a bobcat.

DSC00092.JPG

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

46 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

That's a close rock slide. I would not like to be close to the large rock while it's moving.🤕

It was actually pretty stable there but agree that rock slides are dangerous. Old mines can be dangerous.

• Like 2